If You Were Wrong About The JWs, Maybe Your Current Beliefs Aren't True

by serotonin_wraith 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lesterd
    lesterd

how can you be sure your current religious beliefs are true?

because there mine

• NanaR
    NanaR

Some of us were raised as JWs. Like most people, we accepted the belief system of our parents (and usually our extended family and their associates) as true.

We lived through a lot in being "led" by the Watchtower Society. Along the way, we also learned how to think critically and how to reason outside of the JW box (at least we did if we are no longer JWs).

Acceptanace of a different religious faith than the one you were raised with implies conversion. Conversion is a process involving not only the mind but the heart.

I have come to believe that faith is not built one study at a time, as the JWs would have us believe. Faith is a gift (grace) of the Holy Spirit. God doesn't give us our gifts in pieces.

Each of us is free to believe or not believe in God and/or religion. I believe.

My history as a JW is irrelevant to the truth/falsity of my current beliefs.

Ruth

• 5go
    5go
    Seratonin says:..."Vinny, You're too closed minded to have a conversation with."

Vinny name one point you have conceded since you have started posting on JWD.

Oops! you haven't case closed.

• 5go
    5go
    What is the creationist theory on this, oh wait god made it. Great idea but, not testable, hence not provable, hence not scientific.

How can you submit the Author of Logic, Reason, Science to the test using Science? To bind God by human logic would make this logic itself the Ultimate reality.

Author of logic first of doesn't use modern logic read your bible also read up on modern logic and past logic systems. A great example of modern logic: If the universe is so complex it needs a creator wouldn't the more complex creator it's self need one as well?

Yes it does quite well because morals evolve over time themselves.

Why? Why does the potentialty for morality to evolve to higher forms exist?

More to the point if the bible's really god's moral were made so perfect why did they change over time?

The Big Bang according to a theory though I don't agree with it. I agree with the constant universe theory which it to say there was none.

Why? Why do you believe a discredited theory when the preponderance of evidence demonstrates it to be wrong? It is not testable, hence not provable, hence not scientific.

Because the current time/space theory is being revised to work out problems Einstein stupidly put into it to appeal to his need for a beginning hence a need for a god. Certain theorist are starting to merg the constant state universe which explains certain paradoxical time travel problems with Einstein's theory. but needless to say if the is a problem science will change to explain versus just saying there is no problem like religion does.

Put up a better working theory than science has and you stop looking like the total blind fool you come off as and I might follow your advise.

Give me a better reason to live and a higher purpose than what I have and I just might change my beliefs.

Case in point your beliefs blind you to any possiblty depsite the fact you have changed your beliefs and morals systems recently in your life.

This is arguing a lack of imagination on your part. Not mine I don't believe it had a starting point.

There is that word again. "Believe". Where is the scientific evidence 5G0? To be a steady-statist without evidence is like being a theist for the same.

Yep I believe in an outdated not well used theory do to the fact it explain certain paradoxical problems the Einstein's theory missed. You got me there.

BTW why do you buy Einstein's theory which disproves the bible anyway.

• 5go
    5go

Double post

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Knowing this, how can you be sure your current religious beliefs are true?

I cant, but at least this time I am thinking and reasoning and forming my own opinions rather than having them spoonfed to me by a mind controlling cult.

G

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit