I am new here, need a bit of help

by Velvetann 39 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

Glad you're here, Granny Mouthy (Grace) will stick a boot on your rear if you mess around too much...we love her here on htis site as she keeps in line.

She will no doubt be a great friend to you also.

• unique1
    unique1

Welcome to the board!!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Welcome to JWD!

Grace is the reason I'm here too! She's a wonderful lady and we are all lucky to have her here!

Hopefully you can come to one of our fests sometime, I'd love to meet you!

BB

• mouthy
    mouthy

Glad you're here, Granny Mouthy (Grace) will stick a boot on your rear if you mess around too much...we love her here on htis site as she keeps in line.

She will no doubt be a great friend to you also. ( THANKS MY FRIEND)

Hey Dawg shut up !!!!she has never met me....she just made contact with me about two weeks ago,
    Let me practice " newcomer love" before you expose my nasty side .... But I love ya lots even if I have in the past kicked you in the a...e((((((((HUGS)))

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Hello Paula and welcome to the board. I use to have a friend by the name of Paula, She was a dear friend of mine.

Did you ever pioneer in Montreal and stay at my home while you went to the French class?? and if you are Paula from a Toronto cong. on Elsmere RD then for sure we know each other. I do so hope it is you.

If not, your still very welcome here and we can become friends as I too just live north of Toronto in Newmarket. Or do you live further north. PM me and let me know.

Orangefatcat

Terry

PS yes indeed mouthy is the tops and she is a real blessing to have on JWD. We knew each other in Mtl. too and we were in the same congregation. What a small world..

Ofc

• looloo
    looloo

wecome to this site it has been my therapy , hope it helps you too , im newbie too xxxxx

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Hi Everyone

Thank you so much for the BIG welcome, I am overwhelmed. I am so happy I joined. Thank you so much "mouthy". I am so sorry I got that wrong, I knew it was something about you and your mouth but I got it wrong. I set off on the wrong foot here. Only kidding.

I already love you Grace, even if I only have been emailing you, I can hardly wait to meet you. You told me you aren't good with computers but even you have figured out how to PM and to put your picture on here. I still can't figure that out. Its a different kind of forum than I am used to. I don't go in these things much, but I have the feeling I am going to love it here.

About me, I am in my 50's, my parents got the "truth" when I was 3, we were in British Columbia, my parents moved from there to Perth Ontario in 1958 to be where the need was great. They built quite a little congregation and my Dad was a very zealous Overseer but he was mean to me and it left a bad taste for religion in my mouth because I associated the bible and the religion with how he treated me. From there we moved to Brockville where I left the religion at the age of 18. Got DF. My parents disowned me, they were special Pioneers at the time, I was friendless and got a bit mixed up in not so good things. I never was a JW in Montreal, but I moved there with my boyfriend after I was DF. My parents decided to talk to me in 1974 because my Dad left the religion, he was stumbled when he saw how money talked and the favoritism of those with it. I decided to go back at the age of 28 because I feared it was the truth and that my little babies would die at Armageddon. I tried to stay in but it was difficult with the babies and a unbelieving husband. I didn't find many in the Richmond Hill, Ontario congregation at that time to be too supportive or loving. Only the weaker ones were nice to me. My Mom stayed faithful in the religion, she was really into it, she passed away in Oct 2006. Now I can talk about it and say I don't agree with it because I won't hurt her feelings now. I am not DF or DA officially at this time. I just don't have anything to do with it.

More Later

Velvet Ann aka Paula

• mouthy
    mouthy

You told me you aren't good with computers but even you have figured out how to PM and to put your picture on here. I still can't figure that out

I didnt do any oF that Paula My Grand-daughter DiD the picture & an EX W SET ME UP ON THIS SITE ( ATTILA)

• JK666
    JK666

Hi Paula,

Welcome to JWD!

JK

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Welcome to the board !

You will find all the support you need here.

Lots of advice too. Some good, some bad. At least you will have options.

Cheers!

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit