Were Adam and Eve the only humans created?

by heyfea 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Genesis account is just fictional story telling, that's the jest of it , people didn't live to 700 or 900 years old back then , how do we know that ? because other civilizations that were around the time or era of the Hebrews didn't live that long ie. the Egyptians .

Human ignorance is an undeniable fact which influenced many mythological story telling. some of these stories were scribed onto tablets or papyrus paper and some were made into pictographs on temples. etc.

• WireRider
    WireRider

I would say that in way of documenting the period, by humanly, it had to be a fairly local exercise. I find it interesting that world wide so many people are so focused, and live their whole lives, base upon what happened in a few square miles of the middle east (OK in one area about the size of Texas - that is not the whole world. Rest your hopes on very small place?)

What if every culture had it's own Adam and Eve. Each has their own belief and documentation of the creation of people.

Inbreeding to such an extent to populate the whole world has real problems.

How were such a variety of all races and cultures introduced to only on blood line? We went Scandinavian, Latino, Chinese, Black, White, ect. from only one blood line?

What if the world at that time was a petri dish of experiments? Maybe a few regional floods/meteors/disasters cleaned the slate a few times to start over?

Genesis is only one local regional story of creation. Why in the world do people in California hang their hat, and hope, and faith, on stories from the middle east?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Talking to my Christians friends and family is like talking to a child.

You talking trigonometry and they speaking basic math.

OK 2+2=4, but 70 years for man today can not = 900 years old man 6000 years ago.

Their answer, yes man lived that long, he was perfect. Oh hell I give up....

So I try to show the contradiction in their bible, a story most Christians know..

Try telling them Adam wasn't the first man, they look at you like you have lost your mind.

• WireRider
    WireRider

There are gaps in evolution that can not be explained. Why did man take giant leaps forward about 100,000-50,000 BC? A lot of Sumerian tablets from 10,000 BC. Why couldn't someone live 1000 years while the humans genes where radically changing/altered. I don't agree or disagree, but it is not impossible. We are trying to figure out how now to live a 1000 years.

The basic body has a limited warranty? It rejuvenates/recreates/heals for 70 years. Was it by design, or by failed attempts at more? We have so many things now that harm the body - foods, technology, flooding the planet with electronic waves, passing unknown/inexperienced/unplanned-for diseases around. You can't necessarily apply modern day life expediencies.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

I thought the same thing too. I have always asked the study conductors why; in Genesis there appears to be two distinct "creations". The first lot where it's about "making man in our image, man and women he made them..............Then we move on to another description about Adam and Eve who are in Eden.

No witness is prepared to accept that if the bible is inspired by God, then it's quite possible that there are two separate creations. I have asked why god would bother repeating himself on this topic..............I have never thought Adam and Eve were the first and now I begin to wonder about the entire book

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Ancient mythological story telling is mostly comprised in fiction , that's something that all people should accept and believe.

Then some people are more comfortable to let themselves be consumed in fiction eliminating deep critical thinking out the equation.

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

Yes I agree 100% with this comment...

It just doesn't make sense!!!!!

I have asked why god would bother repeating himself on this topic..............

umbertoecho

now I begin to wonder about the entire book

Me too!!

• Perry
    Perry

You can imagine how many people could be produced in say 500 years from an original pair. So, the edict does not need to apply to a population living at the exact same time that the mark was placed on Cain.

- just my take

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Adam was the first man with a soul says the bible. SO that makes me think that there were other people who lived perhaps evolved from cavemen that did not have a soul.

Just a guess of course

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit