Why is God Hiding?

by uninformed 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi uninformed,
    Please see below.

"I have been wanting very badly to understand GOD and the BIBLE."
    That is no doubt likely because the WT have been showing you 'the truth'?

"If it is so important for us to:Act a certain way. Perform certain rituals"
    It's not, that was the Law and no-one could keep it anyhow. It finished when Christ died and we are now under Grace.

"Understand what is required for salvation"
    That is simple, one thing is required and that is faith in the name above all names, Jesus Christ.

"Then why is it so confusing. The Bible says that HE is not the Author of Confusion. Assuming that is correct, then why are there over 34,000 religious groups?"
    It's not, the basics are so simple that a child can grasp them. But the Author of Confusion is still the ruler of this world until his final judgement they is a lot of confusion out there, rightly put.
    God does not require religion, He is not into it! They word is only in the Bible six times. However, faith is as the word is the hundreds of times.

"Does God expect us to 'figure it out'?"
    Yes but He will help you, just ask Him.

"Where does a person begin?"
    At the cross with Jesus.

What are the "core" values and "core" teachings?
    One core teaching and here it is.

Hebrews 9:15 (New International Version)
    For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

1 Peter 3:18 (New International Version)
    For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.

John 3:16 (New International Version)
    16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

John 3:3 (New International Version)
    In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again. "

2 Corinthians 5:17 (New International Version)
    Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come

Ephesians 2 (New International Version)

Made Alive in Christ

1As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature[a] and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. 4But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast..

"If it is demanded upon us that we serve him in a certain way, according to a certain "theology", then why is he not more explicit?"
    I trust I have made it plain? Salvation is a free gift, not by serving so just ask.

"HELP!"
    No problems. Give me a shout if you'd like more.

All the best,
    Stephen

• Caedes
    Caedes

Chalam,

I have faith that you are completely and utterly wrong.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Every person has a touch of the divine in him/her. It is our moral compass, Aristoteles (i believe) called it the divine truth. We know right from wrong in our core being. Every religion, in its purest form, holds true to this moral compass. So maybe, when people live true and just, have compassion and honor life - we all worship the same "god".

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

All religions break the boundaries of their own ethos when they claim to be the only way, the only truth and the only light!

• catbert
    catbert

Chalam,

Don't forget, you also have to get baptised.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi catbert,
    "Don't forget, you also have to get baptised."

I agree it is a command but is it essential? I don't believe it is essential but faith in Jesus is.

If some believes and is on their way to get baptised and is killed do you think come judgement day Jesus will send them to Hell?

All the best,
    Stephen

• catbert
    catbert

Chalam,

You asked: "If some believes and is on their way to get baptised and is killed do you think come judgement day Jesus will send them to Hell? "

You make it sound as if you don't know the answer.

Our discussion could result in a "religious argument".

I think that is the original poster's point.

• JAVA
    JAVA

There is ALWAYS a religion, sect, cult or someone willing to give someone the answer to ALL of their religious questions. When that happens, run as fast as you can.

Spiritual questions are things most of us think about from time to time, but folks with The Answer are only fooling themselves and anyone willing to believe them. Enjoy the question, but ALWAYS question The Answer. As a seeker once said, "Those who know that they don't know, knows." That's about the closest thing to spiritual truth that I've found.

• Watkins
    Watkins

i agree with Chalam. God is not in religion. He is in faith, but men made religions to espress faith, when it's not needed. In fact, as we've proven by the WTS, religion can destroy that simple trust between just you and God. Go to the Source, naked and unashamed for what you don't know except for your trust in Him.

I wish you peace of mind and heart, Brant. It's a lonely trail, a walk for you alone.

watkins

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

This is why I love this place I am thinking something and thinking I am going crazy or I am lost and no one would understand then someone says exactly what I am thinking. Brant I not only understand Thanks for saying it because it helped me today Take care friend I hope we can both find what we are searching for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit