Why is God Hiding?

by uninformed 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open
    Why is God Hiding?

I certainly don't know. Maybe if we stopped playing hide and seek with him/her/it and simply got on with our lives and each other, he/she/it would eventually get bored and come out.

No offense intended to those with faith. It's just how I feel and think.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello again,
    "Chalam,
    You asked: "If some believes and is on their way to get baptised and is killed do you think come judgement day Jesus will send them to Hell? "
    You make it sound as if you don't know the answer."

No I know the answer! God is gracious and obviously He would be harsh if He said "you believed but you should have been baptized" in this case. He is infinitely wise and just and anyone with any wisdom would say that was unjust.

There are plenty of 'believe and be baptised' verses but no verses that say that baptism is necessary for salvation. Unless you know of any?
    Baptism is a symbol act of what has already happened, dying to self and comes alive in Christ.

"Our discussion could result in a "religious argument"."

Best avoid that, the Bible directly warns against it!

" I think that is the original poster's point.""
    I think the original poster is looking for God after not finding them at the WT camp. The Bible says there is one way and I pray he finds it.

John 14:6 (New International Version)
    Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

All the best,
    Stephen

• Spook
    Spook

This questions touches on several of the traditional arguments for atheism. The argument from nonbelief or argument from divine hiddenness leads powerfully to the conclusion that if there were a god she is not the one describe by traditional theology. Consider as an introduction the analogy contained in Theology and Falsification (Flew, 1950) of the invisible gardener. More detailed arguments are contained in J.L. Schellenberg's 1993 book Divine Hiddenness and Human Reason a classic of modern philosophy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit