WT Comments (1/14 JAH'S SOVEREIGNTY) BLONDIE RETURNS!!

by V 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• XOCO
    XOCO

Good Job Blondie

XOCO

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for the clarification of this weeks WT, Blondie.

Oh, oh, [waiving raised had frantically] I want to comment on para. 4:

Even though "The Word/Jesus/Michael" had been with Jehovah for billions & billions of years, had created everything together, and seen the whole Garden of Eden thing together, Jesus still needed an extra 40 days to "meditate deeply on the issue of sovereignty" just to help him make up his mind...

Not really, like a typical man, Jesus was trying to take a shortcut through the wilderness from the Jordan back to Nazareth, got lost for 40 days, and was too stubborn to stop and ask for directions.

Oh, oh, I want to comment on the picture:

Um, y'all have got it all wrong, you're assuming incorrectly. Is the Art Department going to have to start drawing on name tags? Jesus is the one on the right. Satan is the manly, studly, hot looking guy, the 'angel of light', and 'ruler of the world' on the left. Since Jesus was lost, hungry and unsure about Jehovah's sovereignty for 40 days, Jesus is the one that is skinny, sickly, dirty, and creepy looking. Mark 1:13 says "So he continued in the wilderness forty days, being tempted by Satan, and he was with the wild beasts, but the angels were ministering to him." Jesus was obviously so troubled and exhausted by this experience with Satan and the wild beasts, that the poor, weak guy needed the angels to strengthen and encourage him.

Over here, paragraph 8:

Jesus life course clearly demonstrated that nobody should get baptized before they're 30 years old. They should only preach for about 3-1/2 years. And don't bother writing anything down. Frankly, if Moses wrote, David wrote, Solomon wrote, and lots of other imperfect men wrote parts of the OT, if Jesus intended for there to be a New Testament Christian Greek Scriptures, shouldn't he have been the one to write it? Hello! If Jesus wanted a publishing empire built, couldn't he have built one?

And review question #2:

• What did Jesus primarily accomplish by 1) his ministry and 2) his death? 1) He said a lot of confusing things that led to a bunch of new religions. 2) He stopped living.
  • Thank You and Good Night !!

• blondie
    blondie

Excellent comments everyone.

• libertina
    libertina
    Notice how the Devil is portrayed as dark and ugly in contrast to previous WTS teachings, and the Bible saying he appeared as an angel of light. (Ezekiel 28:11-19)

Wow. I can't remember seeing Satan picured in full body ever in the litterature? Has he?
    I remember seeing him as a snake or only his hand, but not in full.

Is this something new?

• freetosee
    freetosee

Libertina,

Welcome to JWD!

If I remember correctly, there was a picture of satan in the Prince of peace or Peace and Security Book were satan is depicted with golden hair and good looking. It's a long time ago... maybe it is the Greatest Man book...?

fts

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

WELCOME BACK BLONDIE, the guest reviewers have done a great job and no doubt will be involved again, but as the old song says "You know the original is still the greatest"

We had in these 2 articles a fairly standard run through of the doctrine .

I am surprised that more discussion has not been made of par 10 where it said that the primary reason for Christ's coming to Earth was not to pay a ransom to redeem mankind, rather to settle the issue of Jehovahs sovreignty. I guess meaning that it elevates their position as Jehovah's Witessess rather than those who primarily follow Jesus

Todays article led to a "motivating " conclusion . It had an evil twist though.

P 18 All opposers of Jehovah's sovereignty will have been eliminated. Peace and order will have been restored throughout the universe. All opposers of Jehovah's sovereignty will have been eliminated. Peace and order will have been restored throughout the universe.

Peace and Order? Well Saddam Hussain maintained order ! it could be seen that " All opposers of Jehovah's Saddam's sovereignty will have had been eliminated"

What did the world think of him? He claimed to be a wise and much loved ruler too. - Enough said....

At paragraph 18 this morning a kindly looking "sister" whom you might feel had not a bad thought to anybody commented " There will be nobody around then who does not serve Jehovah, they will all have been destroyed" ..A simple enough statement in dubland - we have probably said it ourselves in the past - but they really do advocate global genocide on the grandest scale. The massive slaughter of the innocent , all so that they can live in a world where a dissenting voice can never be heard..

It does not sound like Paradise to me ! not any more....

• Watkins
    Watkins

libertina - yes, he's been pictured as a fallen angel, and similar subliminal repose as this one.

(((((Blondie))))) Thank you, dear - that was like pulling the same tooth over and over wasn't it?

I thoroughly appreciate your compilations of all the material and especially the exposes of the WTS's falsehoods, history revisions, brain-washing techniques and oh, the loaded language! - I can't help but wonder if you've made yourself sick from what seems to be, for some of us(me included unfortunately) an inescapable desire to find and proclaim some semblance of real truth from the tangled web of JWism? You've done such an invaluable service for all the regular members and especially for those lurkers who dare read - but delving the slimey depths of this heart-breaking misinformation week after week - ?

And there, but for the grace of God, we all go. To find that elusive 'fine balance' we must have a strong will to not let it get us down mentally and physically. Sometimes my will isn't that strong and it really get me down. Mainly because there ain't a whole lot I can do about it. Don Quixote revisited.

As for this so-called 'study'. What a waste of ink - this is supposed to be nourishing 'food'? It's milk, old and sour - it should be a moot point by now in their 'in-depth studies'. There is no progression of knowledge there, only stagnation in the same twisted reasoning: " There, for 40 days Jesus had time to meditate deeply on the issue of sovereignty raised by Satan and on the course that He had to take to uphold Jehovah's sovereignty." This is such a stupid statement I won't even start... yet everyone will walk away from the KH's thinking this is really deep insight.

"Jesus' entire life course demonstrated that he came, not simply to be a great teacher or a miracle worker or even just a self-sacrificing Savior, but to uphold Jehovah's sovereign will and to bear witness to God's ability to fulfill that will through the Kingdom." JUST?They just can't mention him without knocking him back down into his place can they? What part of "honor the Son as you honor the Father" do they refuse to understand?

And good point re: the UN/NGO situation - the organisation(not individual JW's who couldn't imagine becoming enjoined to the UN for ANY reason) proved for all to see that they are NOT "FOR JEHOVAH'S SOVEREIGNTY".By WTS theory, the missionaries from Bethel, God's own and only, are sent to spread this [other] Good News in countries where the WTS has cult status and are therefore 'persecuted'.(duh. ) Well, ol' Satan's organisation, the United Nations, can provide basic 'human rights' better than Jehovah? Spittin' into the wind has it's own rewards! I'd rather say that if He wanted them there, the way would be made clear and undeniably by His Own hand - yes?

The twists and turns makes my stomach knot-up. I don't know how some of you actually sit there

One more thing - I've noticed Robert King's book ads on this board lately - which also knots my stomach up. Funny, though that his book and this WT article share the title. "Say among the nations: 'Jehovah himself has become king.'"-PSALM 96:10. Does the forum owner get paid lots of money(I hope) to run those ads? Just mpo, but Robert King is as misleading as the WTS - a wannabe cult leader. [you know what I mean ]

watkins

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome Libertina !!! And excellent points Brother BluesBrother and Watkins !

During the WT at the KH this AM, I nearly barfed twice:

Once when a brother commented, "All those people that pray the Lord's Prayer don't know it but their really praying for their own destruction." Oops, I almost threw up again.

Then on paragraph 10, when the conductor asked the additional question, "Now which is more important, vindicating God's sovereignty or sanctifying his name?" Several wrong answers followed... I wanted to scream, "THE FIRST PHRASE DOESN'T EXIST IN THE BIBLE !!! AND CHECK THE CROSS-REFERENCES JEHOVAH'S SUPPOSED TO SANCTIFY HIS OWN FREAKIN' NAME !!!! WAKE UP !!! The word 'vindicate' isn't in the NWT and both 'universal' and 'sovereignty' are only in footnotes. The scriptures in the paragraph have nothing to do with the lame point their failing to make."

Billy the ex-Barf-alite

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit