How often does the average person get a JW to there door - not often!

by jwfacts 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There is a thread at http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AiQQg3xcilESnAp3lMKPR98jzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20080115211135AAqPdtB where a person asks how often does has a Mormon or JW been to someones door.

The answers surprised me. Most people said not often or never. So much for JWs having given everyone in the world a fair chance to come to know Jehovah.

• poppers
    poppers

It's interesting, I've lived two doors down from JWs for 25 years and not once have they knocked on my door. OTOH, I've had unknown JWs come maybe once every 2 years. Mormons manage to come a couple times a year.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Depends where you live. I was at an inner city congregation for a while and we covered the territory about every 3 weeks. It really was a total waste of time. We could practically remeber every door. They would answer and we'd sheepishly give our presentation feeling like crap for haslling them even though we knew they weren't interrested. They would alway remind us - "You were just here a couple weeks ago and I told you then I wasn't interrested". Now I'm out in the boonies, and the territory gets covered about once a year. Of course with the percentage of not-at-homes I'd say each person probably gets a visit every 2-3 years on average.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

It seems less often of late. Looks like they want to keep their light under a bushel measuring basket(NWT) with this new insiders WT

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The answers are from the USA where the ratio of JWs is 1:300. Imagine how few people ever meet a JW in parts of the world where the ratio is 1:100,000 or even 1:1,000.000

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Where I used to live they used to call every two - three weeks. Where I live now I haven't seen one and I have been here for about 6 months. Strange really, two towns very similar in size (200k) and about 40 miles from each other.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I do think it has to do with where you live. I live in the city and I have NEVER had a JW or LDS come to my door, but I live in a secured community. I see the JWs on the street though, but not that often. When I lived in the burbs, depending on where I lived in relation to the KH, I would get more visits. I think it had to do with people getting their time started. However, I have a GF who asked me the other day if there is a special campaign w/ the JWs cause they have been to her block once a week for the last month and she is not that close to KH.

If the end is based on all being preached to, they have a long way to go.

• OMG! Now What?
    OMG! Now What?

In my congregation, the territory is poorly covered since the publishers seem to think the "not at homes" are the most important to reach. Therefore, they drive around for hours a day knocking on the same doors they did the week before, mostly on the same day and the same time only to find there is still no one home. Duh!

I always wondered if this was the case in other congregations too.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I've lived in my current home for about four years, twice in four years wits have come knocking. Now, second time they came round my neighbour and friend who knows how opposed I am to them directed them to my door, where I brought up several issues including the changes in blood doctrine and told them exactly what I thought, they haven't been back around at all since. Mind you, I am very happy with that, lol.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Since I have been ready to give them a damn good kicking (verbally!) I haven't had one call. I'm looking forward to the day one calls!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit