This will help us understand where other's are coming from (hopefully!)

by Mincan 44 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Here are my results:

Your Type is
    INTJ
    IntrovertedIntuitiveThinkingJudging
    Strength of the preferences %

INTJ type description by D.Keirsey
    INTJ Career Choices by Jung Career Indicatorâ„¢ Provides the list of occupations most suitable for your type taking into account the type formula and strength of the preferences. Based on a sample representing 40 most popular and high-demand occupations.
    INTJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

• slightly expressed introvert
    • distinctively expressed intuitive personality
    • distinctively expressed thinking personality
    • moderately expressed judging personality
  • Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy
    Your Type is
    ISFJ
    IntrovertedSensingFeelingJudging

I kept second guessing the questions, so I don't know how accurate this is.

I have trouble distinguishing between how I think I should answer a question on the test and how I actually am.

If that makes sense...

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    Your Type is
    ENFP
    ExtravertedIntuitiveFeelingPerceiving

ENFP type description by D.Keirsey
    ENFP Career Choices by Jung Career Indicatorâ„¢ Provides the list of occupations most suitable for your type taking into account the type formula and strength of the preferences. Based on a sample representing 40 most popular and high-demand occupations.
    ENFP type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

Qualitative analysis of your type formula
    You are:

• very expressed extravert
    • moderately expressed intuitive personality
    • very expressed feeling personality
    • moderately expressed perceiving personality
  • cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    I will disagree. If you are answering the questions based on your present frame of mind, you aren't even reading the questions. The questions are asking you what you "prefer" "regularly" "as a rule" "generally" etc.

That's exactly the point of my post. What I generally prefer, regularly changes as I change and evolve as a human being. When I was a baby, I'm sure I regularly preferred pablum and strained peaches. Now, not so much!

It's not a test, it's an indicator of your preferences. And unfortunately I don't think people's preferences in the way they think, either with their thoughts or their feelings, changes much, these are all decided by the time we are 6 or 7. You either perceive the world based on how it makes you feel or how it fits into your preconceptions. These don't change, and if someone says they do they aren't being honest with themselves.

For many people, perhaps that is true, as I acknowledged in my previous post where I said that many people become firmly entrenched in their personalities or ego identities and that becomes their prevailing modus operandi for the rest of their life. Not everyone fits neatly into your theory though or into the little labeled and defined categories of personality tests. It has nothing to do with dishonesty, but with fluidity and a willingness to change and evolve over time, something which very few people possess. If you read over the description of "Mastermind" which was one of my results, this label was applied to less than 1% of the population. However, one of the major descriptors of that personality type was they were able to think and act outside of the box.

I got the same response before the cult and after the cult, even though my core beliefs have shifted 100 and 1,000,000 percent!

That doesn't surprise me as I have seen a number of people on this forum who have changed the CONTENT of their beliefs 100% including myself but they don't necessarily change HOW they form their belief systems and examine their underlying motives.

This indicator has nothing to do with your ego, and it's not a label, it's a reflection of your responses which are true if you answer them properly.

This has everything to do with everyone's ego and they absolutely are labels. As I said in my earlier post, all of my labels were very accurate and true in describing different aspects of my personality. I see you still subscribe to the JW belief that there is a "proper" way to arrive at "the truth" of a matter. LOL!

Our dominant "personalities" are formed and are products of our ego-functioning. Ego refers to our images we present to the world and the roles we take on and how we function in the world. We often "identify" with those roles or "ego-identities" so strongly that we believe "this is who I am". They are not in fact who we are. As you said yourself, they can become "decided" by the time we are 6 or 7. Decided by whom? Who were we before they were decided? Nobody? Can we never change who we are? Can we never change which traits we allow to dominate our lives?

Every single one of those personality types was a label. What is a "type" other than an attempt to categorize or label something or someone? My point is to be careful of how we choose to label and define ourselves. The danger is that we may come to "believe" our own judgements as the "truth" about others or even worse, about ourselves.

Cog

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Possible Career Paths for the INFJ:

• Clergy / Religious Work
    • Teachers
    • Medical Doctors / Dentists
    • Alternative Health Care Practitioners, i.e. Chiropractor, Reflexologist
    • Psychologists
    • Psychiatrists
    • Counselors and Social Workers
    • Musicians and Artists