Janitor question and the KH phone is busy

by garybuss 28 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

How do I load a 20" floor buffer in the back of my pick up alone without killing my back?

Serious question. I just bought a buffer to use in refinishing some oak floors. I got the thing loaded tonight but I think I need sphincter dilation therapy.

• ferret
    ferret

Ask someone to help you... many hands make light work.

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

Get a hand truck and a sturdy piece of plywood. That should work.

• garybuss
    garybuss

My good nature and kind disposition have temporarily left me friendless. It's a minor inconvenience though and I'm positive it's a short term situation.

I thought of building an Evel Knievel jump ramp and jump it into the back of the pickup.

• heathen
    heathen

rent a hoist . don't know where they have one for something like that but perhaps check some janitorial supply places for advice.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Some buffers can have the handle on the tailgate and you hoist it up there with the weight
    split between you and the tailgate. If that doesn't work, you could tie it to a handtruck or
    a board and hoist that up there by placing that against the tailgate and hoisting, either by
    hand or with a rope wrapped around something to save your hernia.

If the handle reaches the tailgate of your truck, just be careful. You won't hurt the buffer
    to turn it sideways, but don't manhandle the handle. If you are unsure, tie it to a board.

If it's a propane buffer, disconnect the tank to make it lighter.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    My good nature and kind disposition have temporarily left me friendless.

Awww... hehehe

You know *we* love you here...

-Aude.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If it is just like this,

round disk and once that's on the truck, you are home. If your truck is too tall, then get the buffer
    wheels onto a surface like a cinder block to get it higher.

• moshe
    moshe

OK, you bought the buffer and the seller couldn't help you load it? Was it an 80 year old man? I have some bad buffer memories from my Army basic training days . I finally learned to tame the beast and could operate it with one hand.- move the handle up/down and twist it left/right or it will go anywhere you want it to go.

• garybuss
    garybuss

It looks exactly liike this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit