Anyone know what the WT society is worth? and what do they do with it all?

by cognac 24 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

You can find a few historical JWD threads by typing 'watchtower+properties' into the new 'search' feature of this site.

There are so many different holdings worldwide that I don't think anyone really knows. Seems that they prefer it that way.

-Aude. (Dare to Know...)

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I just love this comment by another poster

The WTBTS wants POWER. And their definition of POWER is CONTROL and MONEY. And while they lust more for control than for money, they'll gladly take the latter

whenever possible this what organized religion is all about folks

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Right everyone - If you had a bunch of people making you money and they didn't know it -are you gonna tell them??

Imagine you had a dozen people who will do as you say and keep coming back coz of stuff you read and work out God wants them to do.

You just gotta keep feeding them what already keeps them comin!

Is anyone really gonna stand up and say right everyone we just realised this is all a hoax and here's your cut?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Matthew 6 (New International Version)

Treasures in Heaven

19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Luke 16 (New International Version)

The Parable of the Shrewd Manager

10"Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. 11So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches? 12And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else's property, who will give you property of your own?
    13"No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

Regards,
    Stephen

• moshe
    moshe

Nobody on the sheep level at the KH ever dares to ask about the WT balance sheet. If they knew the truth they might ask themselves, "What would Jesus do with a Billion Dollars?"

• Chalam
    Chalam

Well He is loaded-He made everything after all.

John 1 (New International Version)

The Word Became Flesh

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.
    3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Here's how He will blow His cash

Matthew 22

The Parable of the Wedding Banquet

1Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: 2"The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.
    4"Then he sent some more servants and said, 'Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.'

5"But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. 6The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. 7The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

8"Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.' 10So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, both good and bad, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

Make sure you are at the banquet! It's gonna be a feast :)

All the best,
    Stephen

• VM44
    VM44

Moola Moola! $$$ Moola Moola! $$$

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

What do they do with it? Well, let's see what they don't do with it.

They don't use it for hospitals or any kind of humanitarian aid.
    They do have "Disaster" efforts, but really the money is raised by the JW's
    involved at the time of the disaster. They certainly don't have any programs
    for glasses for children or shelters for battered women (which they probably
    need big time). They totally rely on governments and Christendom to
    provide all those things.

They don't use the money to really "advertise" the kingdom that could save
    billions of lives. They don't send elders to real schools or experts that could
    teach professional techniques for counseling depressed and disturbed ones.

They DO pay too much to their Regional Building Contractors and other
    suppliers. That's a way of sharing their wealth with their loyal ones. They
    have spent quite a bit on presses to be used in various branches. They use
    JW realtors and JW lawyers for many transactions, probably overpaying them.
    They fight many lawsuits. The lawyers probably save more than they cost.

Just a guess, but I think the money is heavily invested in stocks or something
    because these guys act so paranoid. They are worried that the whole thing is
    going to end one day and they want to be ready to bail out. I don't think the GB
    will get out with any of it, but rather the businessmen and lawyers will.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Good post On the way

Businessmen started this religion and they may end up finishing it too

• bobld
    bobld

cognac for canada you can go to www.cra-arc.gc.ca and follow the links and you can find out the value of the buildings they own.ie kh,ah,ch,etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit