Anyone know what the WT society is worth? and what do they do with it all?

by cognac 24 Replies latest jw friends

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

As long as you can ask the sheep for cash, and it arrives is spades-AND-you get it for free (no interest and no payback), why use your own money?

Smart, very smart. Sheep- - -not so smart.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

You wonder that too, eh?? I'll bet there are a few that know, but they aren't talking. I got a hunch though that it's Billions with a "B" not Millions with an "M"

Talk about Pirates??

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Just for fun, let's do a little math;

If each of the 6,500,000 JW's each contributed $10.00 per month, the annual "haul" would be about; $780,000,000.00 (Seven Hundred Eighty Million U.S.) Over ten years that amount mulitiplies to $7,800,000,000.00 (Seven Billion Eight Hundred Million-Tax Free!) This DOES NOT include any real estate owned, gifts at death, etc...

Quite a business isn't it?

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Oh, almost forgot. The interest recieved from loans made to congregations who borrow money from the Society who recieved the money to loan in the form of a donation from little Jenny's piggybank....money that she wanted to give to the society to help other people.

Sorry little Jenny, the money you sent to the society is being lent out to other people at annualized return of 6.587%.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Dunno.

I have been trying to get two numbers.

Yearly Watchtower income.

Number of Bibles printed each year.

I wanted to see how they compare against the Gideons and other publishers so I know the most cost efficient publisher.

No luck, it is treated like a state secret.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit