JW's not the only one preaching the end is near. Born agains are doing it.

by jaguarbass 17 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I get this news letter daily from a Biker Friend who used to sing with my band. He is a born again type and has a ministry to outlaw bikers called the prodigal sons. The Wactower is not the only group that preaches the end is near. I think its a biblical message that people that read the bible tune in too. I think the problem with the Wactower and the end of the world is they or I took it seriously, And they tell you not to get an education and make provisions for living in this system, which is also somewhat biblical. The bible says not to worry about what you will eat or wear, the birds of the field dont worry about it, neithere shoud you. I am adlibing and paraphrasing. I suspect the whole stinking thinking thing is just as much the bibles fault as it is the Wactowers. below is todays message from my biker Friend/ minister. The Real Time Of The End That God's Word Speaks Of Is These Last Few Years.--We Are Already Living In The Time Of The End!

Beloved, the time is growing shorter. The days are becoming more evil & things are moving faster as time goes on. (Eph.5:16; 2Tim.3:1) From all we can gather from God's Word, we certainly can't expect to go on much longer in this World as it now is! In fact, it looks like it's all going to wind up within the next few years or decades, & if we look into Bible Prophecy, all the signs are pointing to The End! (Mat.24)

So to say the least, we're living in exciting times & there are going to be some big changes made!--And the quicker things get worse, the quicker it'll all be over! The quicker the World's paper money economy crashes, the quicker will rise the One World government of the Antichrist, which means the quicker will come the Great Tribulation & the glorious Second Coming of the Lord & Heaven on Earth!

So it behooves us to work as though everything depended on work & pray as though everything depended on prayer. It's almost over! This is almost The End! "Even so, come quickly, Lord Jesus!" (Rev.22:20) Amen?

Jesus, the words in my vocabulary don't express what I want to say, and when I say "I love You," it just doesn't seem to do the subject justice.

What amazes me the most is that Your love for me is thousands of times greater than my love is for You. I don't even understand how You could love me so much. But I know that You do because You said so, and I believe in Your words and Your love. You are dearer to me than any other in Heaven or on earth, and I want to keep loving You more and more.

Tommy & lolly Douthat
    www.wordandworship.net
    In the end, It's all about Love

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,
    I agree-things are getting worse.

Biggest prophecy to be fulfilled must have been Israel becoming a nation and taking control of Jerusalem.

Jeremiah 29:14
    I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

Ezekiel 11:17
    "Therefore say: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will gather you from the nations and bring you back from the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you back the land of Israel again.'

Ezekiel 20:41
    I will accept you as fragrant incense when I bring you out from the nations and gather you from the countries where you have been scattered, and I will show myself holy among you in the sight of the nations.

Ezekiel 22:19
    Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: 'Because you have all become dross, I will gather you into Jerusalem.

Ezekiel 36:24
    " 'For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land.

Zephaniah 3:20
    At that time I will gather you; at that time I will bring you home.

Funny how the WTO only talks about Armageddon all day long but it is only mentioned once in the whole Bible! Quite obvious they don't know what is important :(

Well see these verses and it they ring true for the JWs, Mormons and such?

2 Timothy 3 (The Message)

Difficult Times Ahead

1-5 Don't be naive. There are difficult times ahead. As the end approaches, people are going to be self-absorbed, money-hungry, self-promoting, stuck-up, profane, contemptuous of parents, crude, coarse, dog-eat-dog, unbending, slanderers, impulsively wild, savage, cynical, treacherous, ruthless, bloated windbags, addicted to lust, and allergic to God. They'll make a show of religion, but behind the scenes they're animals. Stay clear of these people.
    6-9 These are the kind of people who smooth-talk themselves into the homes of unstable and needy women and take advantage of them; women who, depressed by their sinfulness, take up with every new religious fad that calls itself "truth." They get exploited every time and never really learn.

All the best,
    Stephen

• still_in74
    still_in74
    Biggest prophecy to be fulfilled must have been Israel becoming a nation and taking control of Jerusalem

how could God have been talking about literal Jews and Israel when they rejected his son and Christianity? Why would He reward the Jews when they rejected him and continue to do so? These scriptures cannot be talking about literal Israel/Jews.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

"behooves" - snort!

I thought only dubs used this word.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,
    "how could God have been talking about literal Jews and Israel when they rejected his son and Christianity? Why would He reward the Jews when they rejected him and continue to do so? These scriptures cannot be talking about literal Israel/Jews."

I assume you are an ex JW? They preach a form of 'replacement theology'. This thinking is that the church (or for JWs the congregation) has replaced the Jews as God's chosen people.

Here is a good place to start to blow that whole erroneous thinking apart.

Romans 11 (New International Version)

The Remnant of Israel

1I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means!

Ingrafted Branches

11Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all!

All Israel Will Be Saved

25I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26And so all Israel will be saved

If God went back on His promises to Israel the He would be a liar, which He isn't!

The whole chapter should help but come back to it, there is more important stuff as we are Gentiles, not Jews!

(However, If you want to understand more about Israel and salvation then go back to Romans 9 and continue).

In a nutshell, God made promises to Abraham to bless all his descendants, including Jacob, the father of Israel.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=1&chapter=12&verse=1&end_verse=3&version=31&context=context

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=1&chapter=22&verse=16&end_verse=18&version=31&context=context

OK now read Galatians 3!

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=55&chapter=3&version=31&context=chapter

These are the most pertinent bits

6 Consider Abraham: "He believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."[a] 7 Understand, then, that those who believe are children of Abraham. 8 The Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: "All nations will be blessed through you."[b] 9 So those who have faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

Sons of God

26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

So make sure your faith is in Jesus Christ and not the WTO or anyone else!

All the best,
    Stephen

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

It is so much easier to look at the world through rose colored glasses than it is to be worried about that which you have no control over. ......Jews, Jesus, WTBTS, Alah, Buhda, I really don't care anymore. As you can see I was being kind in my verbage. It just keeps getting me more peeved as each day goes by. Splitting hairs over this whole Diety thing, and how he/she/it is going to do whatever it is they are rumoured / propesied / supposed to do.

NMG

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,
    I agree-focus on life, not death!

That said I used to worry about the state of the world and what happens after we die, so I do understand if people are concerned or interested.

John 10:10 (New International Version)
    The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

John 3:17 (New International Version)
    For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

All the best,
    Stephen

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Chalam is right. Why focus on something that not one person on earth can do sweet bugger all about it?? This planet has been waiting for billions of years for this event. Time to move on .

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I read a survey that showed 50% of Americans think the end is going to come. Life is significantly better than every in all history, yet people always-have/always-will pine about the "good old days".

What a counter productive way to live life. Doomsday cults have always existed. Rather than focus on improvement it is a negative, defeatist attitude.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

The time is coming and it is now.....when the son of man.........

Imagine a guy stood in Central Park today saying this and in 2000 years from now it still hasn't occurred but people are still saying it!

One day they're gonna be right but it won't have anything to do with the guy who started the rumour!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit