2008 Drst. Conv. Theme - Guided By God's Spirit

by senora 22 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Another generic theme that can be built up into the same old crap. Generally, it will amount to obeying the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger class no matter what they tell you, no matter how much it is going to ruin your life. No college. Get off the Internet. There is no excuse to not pioneer. Missing a single boasting session, except because you are dead, is a terrible sin. Worldly people are horrible. Don't even think of looking at alternative sources or independent Bible study for researching the validity of anything they come up with. And so on.

There will also be the same canned experiences. They write them up at the Watchtower Society, and the people are supposed to read them as if they were actual reality. Most of these will be along the lines of turning down a comfortable job, living in abject poverty (and still having enough of those $20 bills to stuff into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund boxes), and still managing to pioneer. Many will add a health burden of some kind. Others will add a large family or some domestic problem (a husband that bans meetings, but they still manage to get all 8 children to every boasting session despite getting beaten when they get home). Nothing I haven't heard a billion times when I went.

Not to mention all those signs. Keep moving. Quiet. Look and act happy even if we manage to keep the opposite sex away from you. Use only one towel (or only one 12" length) to dry hands with. Use only 2 squares of toilet paper per use. Keep your embarrassment badge on (and the suit coat) at all times, no matter what. The candy vending machines are off limits, even if they are working perfectly. No food or drink in packages that bear the names of worldly companies. I wonder what new rules they are going to come up with this year that are just as ridiculous.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Senora,

WELCOME to the forum! We are happy to have you here, and appreciate the information you sited.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Welcome Senora

All I can say is I'm glad I don't have to sit through one of those conventions ever again. My bum used to get so numb, it would be so hot and humid in Durban - total brain drain. I used to only really enjoy the Dramas, especially our African actors on the zulu side - they really had a lot of fun doing it. But then the borg decided that they should be more theocratic type dramas, less fancy dress up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit