2008 Drst. Conv. Theme - Guided By God's Spirit

by senora 22 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

Well I wouldn't doubt what you're saying Senora, that seems to be the theme they're playing right now.. it just surprises me a bit... I mean it seems to be the focus right now, they seem to know a huge dropout is coming and they don't know what to do... by the way... welcome!

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Ever notice they are suddenly not in the mood to call God by his truename. So how does anyone know what Gods first name is if no one on planet earth has spoken to "Him"? I use the name to identify the org. The Jehovah real restate corp. And imagine Witnesses giving God a worldly name. Makes no sense to me at all.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Welcome Senora!......This being directed by holy spirit, and spirit directed org. is a lot of DRIBBLE!!!!When I was growing up in the truth it was all about Jehovah, and his son's kingdom. Now it's just the ORGANIZATION and I am really getting pissed off the more I hear it!!!

NMG

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome Senora !!

You are correct. That is what the theme for the 2008 Boasting Session is.

It has already been discussed at length on another board and the JW's lost... again.

BTW, if you decide to go public so the dubs know you didn't escape because you are immoral just go to a meeting and include your DA announcement in a comment.

That way the rumor mill will be forced to concede that:

1. You walked away from them on purpose.

2. You left because of their crazy ass doctrines and not because you showed too much of yours to someone.

3. That not all people who leave are fornicators, most are just over the BS.

4. You prove that the New Announcement - xxxx is No Longer a Jehovah's Witness was a bad move by the "Fitful Distressed Slobberer"

Again, WELCOME

• heathen
    heathen

Yah they be directed by the holy spirit all right , the holy bourbon , the holy rum , the holy vodka .... you get the idea .LOL

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Welcome to the Board

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi senora,
    "the GB is guided by holy spirit"

In no way does that tie up with the New Testament. See here for example and read verse 17 carefully.

Acts 2 (New International Version)

The Holy Spirit Comes at Pentecost

12 Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, "What does this mean?"

13 Some, however, made fun of them and said, "They have had too much wine.[b]"

Peter Addresses the Crowd

14 Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: "Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. 15These men are not drunk, as you suppose. It's only nine in the morning! 16No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
    17" 'In the last days, God says,
    I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
    Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
    your young men will see visions,
    your old men will dream dreams.
    18 Even on my servants, both men and women,
    I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
    and they will prophesy.

Seeing as they don't have the Spirit it is no surprise that they prophecy always fails, they don't speak in tongues or exercise any of the other gifts of the Spirit.

All the best,
    Stephen

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Is this theme cofirmed?

• heathen
    heathen

I don't think there's any doubt that rutherford was a heavy drinker . What I do find interesting is that people became anointed prior to entering the new covenant at the lords evening meal.I also believe it possible that the great crowd prospects can receive holy spirit , unlike WTBTS dogma.

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower just "thinks" it is guided by God's Spirit.

Wishful thinking that they pretend is true, but can't prove.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit