Do You Remember The Last Time

by journey-on 24 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

Long time faders and those who have been out for a while....Do you remember your last day in field service or your last meeting?

My last day in field service was a "million" years ago. But, I remember it vividly. It was in one of those outer county areas where

dogs ran rampant. Every house seemed to have a dog sitting outside. Up until that day, I always walked up to the house talking sweetly

to the dog, thinking Jehovah's angel would guide me if necessary, and knock on the door. On my last time door-to-door, I refused

to approach any house with a dog. Almost all had dogs that day it seemed. I remember standing out at the street and looking back at

the last house with the dog in the front yard and KNOWING that was the last time I would ever do this again.

• JH
    JH

No, I don't remember exactly where I was the last time I was in the field service. But since you're talking about dogs, yes I recall a time I was in the country and saw 2 dogs outside and the elder with me, said dogs that aren't tied are not dangerous......

I was scared when they were around me. They kept on smelling me, as if I was ready to eat.

• TheDoctor
    TheDoctor

I was in service one day and was attacked by a dog. He latched onto my leg and started my suit pants off. I shook him loose, and ran up the drive way. I remember yelling "Oh Sh*T!", because i was counseled afterwards for it. That was actually the last time i was in service as well.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

No - one day I was in and the next day I was out.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I have minor recollections of much of my few years in and also faded for reasons of some perpetual loop my brain was in over my spirituality and family situation.

• erynw
    erynw

The last meeting I attended 24 years ago was when the announcement was made that I was removed as a pioneer.

I didn't know they were going to make the announcement that night and there was an audible "whoosh" as all heads in the kingdom hall swiveled my way.

In sheep like obedience, I swiveled my head too.

• JH
    JH

I still remember where we weren't welcome....

• flipper
    flipper

I don't remember my last time in service . But my last meeting was over 4 years ago . I was so pissed off at the elders unjust treatment of me that before the meeting I went to my seat- picked up my book bag , and walked out the door, never going back ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• journey-on
    journey-on

OMG, JH, I have seen that dog's pic before somewhere. Is that dog real or photoshopped?

Seems like I heard it won the ugliest dog contest or something....lol

• JH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit