Do You Remember The Last Time

by journey-on 24 Replies latest jw friends

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Hi Journey on............i don't remember my last jw activity but i do remember the sunday i didn't go to the meeting to watch the 'Sunday' show report about jw kids being sexually abused, and from that day on i never attended another jw meeting again!!!!!!!!!!never ever, ever. i have had several visits from elders etc over the years but my entire family has never gone back. my parents, 3 kids, self and husband...........7 of us left the borg in september 2002. you can read some of my posts to get an idea why i as so adamant never to go back. cheers Bliss

• Gordy
    Gordy

I remember my last meeting. 24th. August 1999 - Tuesday evening - School and Service meeting

I'd spent just over 2 years researching the Watchtower.

Watching and listen to a brother dealing with an item. Hearing the same words I'd heard for years, watching him do all the "correct" gestures.

It all suddenly hit me - "I no longer believed it all" I realised what the Watchtower reallly was. A controlling man-made organisation. That only cared about itself and not its members.

That night I left, after 28 years of meetings, field service, assemblies, conventions.

I disassociated in September 2001, bringing it to and end after 30 years of association with the Watchtower.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Don't remember my last field service day but my last meeting - I remember it vividly.

I had been assigned to give a talk on the 144 000 being of the annointed and chosen to go to heaven. By this stage I didn't beleive it anymore but wrote the talk in such a fashion that I didn't get to mention the number 144 000 and pretty much left it open. The elders approached me at the start of the meeting and said that my Aunt Jenny had told them I had carried on going to the one church inspite of them warning me not too - I assured them I had kept my word and hadn't gone and that my aunt must have been misinformed, she was called into the conversation and insisted she was correct.

They told me I would NOT be able to give the talk (it was in the main hall) but that I shouldn't worry about it too much because they wouldn't split the schools (we had gave talks in the main hall and then the ""B school) to avoid any embarressment - An elder and a long time friend (grew up with his family) told me this. When it came to the schools splitting, they split them, announced that I wouldn't be giving the talk and someone else had stepped in............ I sat there in shock and horror. I started crying at 1. the betrayal of my aunt and 2. at the betrayal of the elder.

I got up sobbing and all, walked to the back of the hall to try and get out, found it was locked (yes they lock the kingdom hall gates) scrabbled to get an elder to open the gates - some arb sister asked if I was okay, too which I replied a very loud / angre NO - CANT YOU SEE I"M UPSET.

And went straight to my mother, told her I was done with the organisation and I was ready to make my stand and leave!!!!

• JK666
    JK666

Field service - no I do not. Instead I remember how I felt when out in service. It was supposed to be the panacea to all of my problems. Go out in service and do more, more, more. It exacerbated my existing problems of depression and dependance on alcohol. I sure am glad that the elders were trained so well in treating the flock.

Last meetings - Last TMS/SM was when my disfellowshipping was announced in 2001. I wanted to hear my own funeral service.

Last public talk- When my BIL was visiting he was the guest Sunday speaker at my old Hall. They were not shunning me in the family at that time, so my GF and I went. I think it was 2004.

Last Memorial - 2004

JK

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The last boasting session was the Crapmorial of 2005. The one before, I went to a book study in the Kingdumb Hell back room. This was December 2004. The heat was on the fritz, and it had to be cancelled because the temperature in the room was a nice cozy 45 degrees F. (I wish the water pipes would all freeze).

The last time in field circus was 6/2005 (I never bothered to report the two hours I spent then). I wound up going with the wrong congregation (as I did with the Crapmorial). We did calls--nothing fancy about it, except one of the people I was working with was discussing having had tests for Marfan's syndrome (and the Asleep! magazine article about it--if you have Marfan's syndrome, know anyone with it, or even think you may have it, do NOT trust the Asleep! writeups to treat or diagnose it! There are much better resources on just about every disease on the Web, some from allopathic sources and some from alternative sources. Remember, the Asleep! is NOT a reliable source of information to be accurate!

Needless to say, I was not about to spend any more time out in field circus after that incident.

The time before, I went on a little walk on a street where I knew there would be no pedestrian traffic and called that an hour of street work. That was the last report I ever turned in. I didn't place a single piece of littera-trash on either incident, except for the mountain of littera-trash I placed with my shredder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit