Joseph Rutherford in Time March 31 1930

by TD 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Quoting from that issue of TIME: "...An erroneous prophecy that the year 1928 would provide a cataclysm -- "Nations will battle; the dead will be dung on the earth -- upset considerably the Bible Students' calculations, but the major tenets of their belief are as yet unshaken."

Have I missed one of their famous dates somewhere? Is it possible this worldly writer was misinformed, that he really meant 1925?

I refer to JwFacts great timeline of WT events here.

Len Miller

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It is of epic significance that those knocking on doors calling themselves Bible students have not even studied what their own predecessors were knocking on doors telling people and so not been given any opportunity to realise they may themselves be following suit!

Not only do the WTBTS besmirch the idea of looking to world religions as a form of worship, but they also besmirch the idea of anyone interested in their own history as well as any further education, despite their own 'Rutherford' leader having studied law and done things of his own inspiration!

What a bunch of deviants they have been coerced and groomed into becoming, not even suspecting their heritage sprouted from reams of lies preached as prophecy well after their 'Jesus claimed enthronement' in heaven (1914)! Was Jesus really influencing them??

It is amazing how 6+ million people worldwide will have no idea of this and go around telling everyone else as if they are Gods uniquely divine force for all humanities deliverance! And how they view the millions who have chosen to leave as rejected by all divine powers lest they submit to their will and also train their direct families/friends to view them as such!

It is jaw dropping really!!

• freetosee
    freetosee
    Cosmos I began with Adam, ended with the Flood. Cosmos II began with the Flood, ended with the World War. Cosmos III, begun in 1914, will end in 2874, when "The Kingdom of God" will fill the whole world.

That's new to me. Was it part of JFR's teachings?

Also Cosmos I-III?

• Odrade
    Odrade

Ha! That's great! I wonder what the writer thought when he was interviewing the "judge?"

• libertina
    libertina
    Cosmos I began with Adam, ended with the Flood. Cosmos II began with the Flood, ended with the World War. Cosmos III, begun in 1914, will end in 2874, when "The Kingdom of God" will fill the whole world.
    That's new to me. Was it part of JFR's teachings?

Yes. Up until about 1943 (Watchtower claims so itself in the God's Kingdom... book, and some sources say it was in 1930), they still learned that Jesus' presence started in 1874. Due to a "misunderstanding" they thought that the 6000 years since Adam's creation ended in 1874. So the year 2874 the "judge" talked about, is of course 1000 years after that again.

In 1943, they recalculated, and added about 100 years, and found the 6000 years to end in the 1970's. You know the rest about that one, I guess.

All this can be found in the book God's Kingdom and a Thousand Years Has Approached (1973), chapter 11.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit