Joseph Rutherford in Time March 31 1930

by TD 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TD
    TD

I came across this on microfilm a few years ago. The quality is not the best, but it is still perfectly legible

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=d4c55732fdad63d38814df86d2d67f5d

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Thanks that is great

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi TD. FYI -- this article is also in the Time magazine archives website, here: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,738983,00.html

• JAVA
    JAVA
    Newsmen last week asked Judge Rutherford whether he would not be troubled by bogus Davids applying for admission to consecrated No. 4440 Braeburn Road. Said he: "I realized the possibility of some old codger turning up bright and early some morning and declaring he was David. The men whom I have designated to test the identity of these men are officers of my societies. . . . They will be divinely authorized to know impostors from the real Princes."

I loved Rutherford's comment about "They (officers of the WT) will be divinely authorized to know impostors from the real Princes." I guess it takes a "codger" to know one.

• moshe
    moshe

I wonder if you can see the ghost of Judge Rutherford walking the hallways of No. 4440 Braeburn Road at night on the the anniversary of Pastor Russell's death, October 31st, crying out, " Bonnie, oh Bonnie where are you, I can't find my Old Granddad whiskey, help me find it my darling."

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Yeah Java that caught my eye also very strange guy that Rutherford

• TheDoctor
    TheDoctor

I believe that this article is actually quoted in C of C.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

TD:

Thank you TD! Appreciate your posting this!

N.

• pseattle2
    pseattle2

Say, my name's David! Can I borrow your car?

• freeme
    freeme

this article alone should make any witness wonder whats hes in... but they wont wonder... thats what im wondering about every day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit