In the US, why are many prices doubling, tripling? What is going On?

by Fisherman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Gold, produce, foods, things comming out of china, turkey,... Prices keep going up, up, up, umbelievably?

WHY!!!!!!!!! What is going on? Does anyone have facts?

• jacethespace
  • jacethespace
    jacethespace

Sorry something wrong with my links search on google for eu us merges ecomomy

• Mincan
    Mincan

US Dollar being dumped by world, there's simply nothing to back it up anymore, no natural resources, no manufacturing, no strong military, no strong nation... they import everything, they produce nothing of value that anyone wants, and the world is generally sick of their arrogant...

The petrodollar being dumped for the Euro is the death blow though...

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Allow me to throw something against the wall and see if it sticks.

Gold, produce, foods, things comming out of china, turkey,...

It started with unbelievable deficit spending. Next came the tripling of gas prices and property values going through the roof. Along came the value of the US Dollar dropping. It looks like a "perfect storm" of inflation doesn't it? I think it all goes back to the national debt. There is no way to pay for the debt, but there is a way to shrink it by making the Dollar worth less and goods more expensive.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I always thought Republicans were good money managers. Aparrently not. Bush seemed to have lost the war effort, because he has single handedly bankrupt the country. Bankruptcy is not a winning strategy. Just how much time will it take to repair the financial damage? And they still have 1 year left of him.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

so much of our lifestyle etc is connected to the price of a barrel of crude oil - either directly or indirectly

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Everyone should look at the bright side of higher prices.

If you visit Dubai, United Arab Emirates and other Middle Eastern countries where cities are booming and investment money flowing, you can see your high gas prices at work!

Fill er up !!!

Rub a Dub

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

trade shortfalls... weak dollar... oil market troubles

Oh..there is also a minor shortage of strategic materials... like lead, copper, brass and some other chemicals and compounds...the military market is drying up supply and raising prices.

Plus..we are near the election. Not that the election causes troubles in itself ... just the end of another 8 year cycle.

~Hill

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

This time period reminds me of the mid-1970's...just when we elected Jimmy Carter...he "sounded" good, but he didn't know what the h*ll he was doing. Lord have mercy on us all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit