What Bible do you use?

by OMG! Now What? 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• oldflame
    oldflame

OK I am going to share something with everyone, and after telling you all this if you still believe that the societies NWT is still correct ? Well then I guess *%&$^#$&^*( LOL

On a serious note back during my exit my mother had been telling me about how accurate the NWT was and I asked her "How do you know it is accurate" ? she told me that their bible was an approved bible so I asked her again "Who approved your bible" ? She started telling me how there is a group that approves all translations of the scriptures.

So I started looking in the Internet about these group or groups and I could not find any thing or anyone who approved scripture translations. So I having a NIV and a King James looked at the preface of the scriptures and found the Scofield Society which comes out of a college somewhere in the North East, I do not remember where exactly.

Anyway I looked up Scofield Society on the net and found a home page there. There was a link on their home page that you can write them. So I did. First I told them that I was researching different bibles and was looking for a group or person/ persons that approved translations of different bibles. I never told them what bibles I was researching but that I had heard that some translations were not correct and wanted to know which ones were incorrect.

Now remember I never said any bible translation names. They wrote me back and said that there were no groups or person/persons that approved bible translations but that a couple of religions had made there own translations and approved them themselves and one of those I should be very careful of ? OK are you ready ? The NWT. They said that this bible translation was the farthest away from all other scripture translations out there.

That right there was the very moment I had decided that I was no longer going to associate any more with any JW religion or any other cult religion, I was done ! When they sent me the answer I had been looking for without even asking them that particular question I was floored none the less.

• mustang
    mustang

It depends on the occasion: I've become like a fashion-plate of a Bible user.

"I use a whole pile of them, for comparison.

Generally I use the New World Translation, simply because it's built into the WT library and thus easily accessible."

I do both of these; the NWT does attach readily to some other reference books and this can be useful :)

I also have as many languages as I can (Greek, German, Hebrew, Spanish, Chinese & other Asian languages) for when I really feel the need to explore.

When I go to a house of worship, I use the bilingual Chinese, cuz its a Chinese church :)

When I'm "on line", I use the Blue Letter Blble.

When doing my own reading, I use the LXX (Septuagint, a reprint of the Samuel Bagster & Sons, Ltd., London 1851 version). The Greek part of this bilingual edtion is essentially what Jesus would have read on a day-day basis. But that only covers the Hebrew Scriptures/Old Testament. For the Greek scriptures/New Testament, I use Green's Interlinear, also bilngual Greek but greatly resembling the Diaglott.

I do need to get a good "parallel Bible".

Mustang

• oompa
    oompa

Great story oldflame, I sure would like a post or copy of that letter! As soon as I found out we had added the name Jehovah to the New Testatament 237 times for NO reason other than we wanted it there....I was done......you cant change the frikkin Bible!!!!! There is not ancient manuscript IN THE WORLD that has the divine name in the New Testament.....so few dubs know this. Some think it is because we decided to use it when the Christian writers were quoting from the Hebrew Scriptures and the name Jehovah was there....but that is not the truth.....I have found over 80 places where there is no quote from the Hebrew Scriptures, including EVERY Jehovah in Revelation.....We just put it there!!!!! When Rev. 22:17,18 clearly says you cant change a word.....I really think Christendom needs to start educating is people about this to nail dubs at the door.....I have spoken with 8 elders about this, and none had a clue....oompa

Fisherman: NWT is the best. It rocks!

Fisherman, I have a lengthy letter to the Society with so much research in it about this fraudulant
    Bible, that they would not send me a direct response, and the lame one they sent my elders was also forbidden for me to see or get a copy of, but they read me parts of it! Clandestine!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

can't help you - got rid of bibles a long time ago. The bible has as much value as any other ancient document - but it's naive to believe that any of that is inspired by god. Mainly because there is no god. Just wanted to weigh in as a non-foaming-at-the-mouth non-believer.

• oldflame
    oldflame

oompa,

Sorry but that was about 8 years ago don't have that email anymore I should of copied it but then I have changed computers twice since then. But I'll just be willing to bet if I wrote them again they would give me the same answer.

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

The king james bible.Even when i was following the tower i used the nwt at the meetings and studied at home with the king james bible cause i have always found the new world translation to be plain and boring and always suspected it was doctored.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

I use Red/Purple(I am not so sure about the exact color) Mini JW Bible. I only take it to the Memorial every year. It makes me look wordly.

• tula
    tula
    Red/Purple

I think it might be called burgandy.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

yes it is burgundy. thank you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit