What Bible do you use?

by OMG! Now What? 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Honesty
    Honesty

I have a lot of different translations and versions and use them all.

However, I prefer the Holman Christian Standard Bible because it agrees with my current truth

• bite me
    bite me

Just curious here, what is your current truth? Maybe I'd like to find that too.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I like two Bibles: the New King James Version (no thee's thou's or thy's) and the New International Version. Both are good ones and translated by professionals who actually speak, read, and write those languages and were schooled in those languages and interpretation/translation. They are nice to read.

• bite me
    bite me

http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

52 weeks of reading the bible.. Pretty neat.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,
    I used The Message a couple of years back-that is a paraphrase and not a direct translation but it is a great read-very refreshing and I still use it sometimes.

I have been using the NIV for the last year or so but I could do with something a little more literal these days.

So another vote for this-has all the good ones and is easy to search

http://www.biblegateway.com/

Also this if you want to go deeper and look up some words in Greek or Hebrew or just compare several versions.

http://bible.cc/

Happy reading!

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

Of course, to find 'The Truth' you need only one real Bible (certainly not the New World Translation!) and the Holy Spirit!

1 Corinthians 2:14
    The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

• NanaR
    NanaR

Revised Standard Version

I find it to be easy to read and accurate in rendering.

Ruth

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Which one have you chosen, if at all, and why?

If you are talking about my bad habit of posting stuff about dub and religious issue, just about any Bible will do. The Bible can be proven to be a lying piece of shit with almost all versions.

If you are talking about my personal favorite Bibles, I prefer the ones that have thicker pages and are a little larger than normal; ones which have ink that does not smear when I wipe the pages over a private place when I'm on the toilet. And pages that flush easily. Gideon Bibles are especially treasured: they are free!

Farkel, tongue stuck in cheek again...

• OMG! Now What?
    OMG! Now What?

I didn't ask if you believed in the bible, but I only asked the question because I'm trying to unprogram myself, reprove the truth to myself and didn't know which of my many bibles to choose from, so I thought I could get a sense of a more popular bible or even others I don't own.

I do like your idea of using it to wipe your a$$, except I'm not at that stage yet. I'll let you know about my a$$ in about a year or so. K?

• Farkel
    Farkel

OMG!

: do like your idea of using it to wipe your a$$, except I'm not at that stage yet.

Fair enough! Try the New Jerusalem Bible. As far as I've researched, it is the most accurate translation and fair yet available.

THEN you might use it to..... NEVERMIND!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit