Rickenbacker love

by JK666 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    psycho magnet.

We are kindred spirits, I'm sad to say. Go for the guitar. If things go sour, instead of paying for a divorce, you can just drop it off at a pawn shop.

• JK666
    JK666

Abandoned,

At least you can get the guitar back from a pawn shop, unlike the p***y!

JK

• dinah
    dinah

I'm a serious gamer. Am I braindead??

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

at 39 I'd think not...

I have step kids we got back after several years of unlimited "gaming" ...none could "play" a game when they got here. Bored all the time. Its sad when a 40 something step dad has to teach kids how to play in the woods or use that thing we call "imagination". If they want to rodeo, 4-H, learn a trade, care for themselfs I will invest...but not more than a couple of bucks for a console game. I have almost got them back on this planet... they were drifiting into the slacker life.

games are games... a way to pass the time. Have you developed any real life skills? Can you carry a conversation... have a veiwpoint on social issues?

Kids who are left with games as the only babysitter or who try to Bullshit you with the idea that gaming is a 'life skill" .... thats what I am talking about.

Hell.. even a old codger like me has been known to play Age of Empires in the dead of winter.... after a day of work, farm chores etc.

Guitar Hero is a case in point... we are in dire straights when kids would rather play a game about playing for fun.

~Hill

• JK666
    JK666

dinah,

No, I like an occcasional game too, Madden football with a friend. A golf simulator (even though indoor golf is with clubs and a real ball). You just have to get real life skills before "gaming" skill. A lot of kids don't know the difference. Evan was really getting good on the guitar,but had no discipline. I tried to encourage him, but was not going to cram it down his throat. GH3, much more fun, yechhhhh.

JKs

• Reverend Warhawk
    Reverend Warhawk

I have let go, at different moments of my life, a humble but much loved (and nicely worn-in) Mexican Fender Telecaster, and also my old Danelectro U2. Not anymore.

My love now is with my Reverend guitars (thus my nick here), especially the Club King 290...That one stays with me for ever. That, and my Amptramp custom amplifier.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

JK I had the jubilee half stack as well. It growled like a mofo. My ax at the time was an Ibanex with seymore duncan stacks and a pre-amp built in. That sound made your ass jump. On the clean side I had a fender concert that made bell tones. I wish those freakin days at the roxy

• JK666
    JK666

That is one righteous Reverend, Reverend! I have never seen one in person, I would love to play one sometime. No dealers in my town.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit