Rickenbacker love

by JK666 37 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

This is going to make you sick! I bought the Rickenbacker in a record store on consignment for $100 in 1975. I sold it three years later for $200 so I could get a new set of radial tires as a responsible newly married JW person. Somebody please kill me, it is worth at least $3000 today if it was in the same condition. (I dusted it and lemon oiled it twice a week) It had the original hardshell case too.

JK

• journey-on
    journey-on

God! I love it when men talk cars, guitars, and guns!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Oh God don't even talk about selling music equipment. I sold almost all my gear the year I was engaged. My soon to be wife, (and later ex wife), was pioneering and I want to have funds to keep us going as long as we could in the full time ministry. Guitars, amps, effects gear, a ministudio with all the gear. AAAAHHHHHHHH!

• JK666
    JK666

"Women come and go, but guitars are forever." - JK

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh and I was counseled for owning Prince CD's. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! My wife now has no issue with me playing music. In fact, she decided to take up piano so I bought her a full size electric piano with weighted keys. It was nice walking into a music store again. oooooh lot's of new equipment.

• JK666
    JK666

Another woman/guitar horror story,

My last ex-wife became a pain in the patoote, and told me I had to "thin the herd" of guitars, and I sold my Gibson Flying V, Black with hot factory humbuckers (no trem).

JK

• Evidently
    Evidently

I was lucky, I got the guitar back that I lusted for......It was an Allen Chester custom built. Allen Chester was a guitar luthier (sp?) in Florida and hand built both acoustic and electric guitars. Allen used to build custom guitars for Molly Hatchet, Johnny Van Zant (see the "Thanks To" notes on any of their albums) and other southern rock bands. Allen built this strat that I played at his house just after he finished it, He didn't build it for anyone in particular but it was a incredible guitar. The neck was especially well done and the action was razor low up and down the entire fretboard. Anyway, Dave Lubeck from Molly Hatchett played the guitar at Allen's house as well and asked him if he could borrow it, they were going into the studio to make the Flirtin With Disaster album. Dave told Allen when he returned the guitar that they had used the guitar on every track of the album. To make a long story short, the guitar was too expensive for me to buy, (I was a teenager at the time) and it was sold to a friend of mines father, years later I stumbled across the friend at a mall, asked him about the guitar and found out that he had it now and it had been sitting in its case in a closet for several years.........its mine now.........

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

the old "Mother Maybell Carter" Gibson archtop I found at a yardsale... and traded cause it wasnt loud enough..........

~Hill

• JK666
    JK666

As more of my angst comes out,

If I ever get into a relationship/marriage again, I will sell my guitars/amp when she is ready to sell her inherited jewelry.

JK

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I found out a long time ago... if your broke or whatever.. trading your stuff in wont pay the debt. Get another job or something. There is "Stuff" and then there is "STUFF". And some stuff is impossible to get back.

~Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit