Rickenbacker love

by JK666 37 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

Guitarists and all,

I have loved and lost many times in my life. I am sort of a psycho magnet. If I had a choice of getting any of the women that I have had relationships with back, or my first guitar, guess which it would be? One hint, it was a Flameglow Rickenbacker solid body twelve string with toaster pickups.

JK

• JK666
    JK666

Another hint: It was vintage 1967 and in cherry condition (unlike the women that I mentioned).

JK

• oompa
    oompa

OMG JK we have more in common now. My loss was a Gretch semi-hollow body with a melt in your mouth tone.....Still have a Guild 6-string mahagony that I have had for 30 years!!.......................oompa...I am not going to drink today.................

• JK666
    JK666

Oomp,

I am about to have an orgasm - does the Gretsch have a Bigsby?

JK

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My first was a Gibson SG custom with a rare Gibson tremelo. Even more rare was this model did not have the standard pick guard. It had one that resembled the Les Paul. I sold it in the 80's because it "looked like it came out of the 70's". AHHHHHHHHHH! I would give anything to get that back

• Priest73
    Priest73

Get a room you two!

I'm a Gibson man myself. Les Paul studio with P90s

• oompa
    oompa
    jk: I am about to have an orgasm - does the Gretsch have a Bigsby?

Honey oad finish, white guard....and the Bigsby....waaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaa........oh i wish i had it back.........oompa

• JK666
    JK666

For all of you Gibson guys,

My dream is to get ahold of FZ's old SG Custom with a Bigsby in Mahogany.

JK

• JK666
    JK666

Before I got my first guitar (the Rick), my cousin bought a Gretsch Country Gentleman. I do have a fondness for them too.

JK

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

although I loved that SG, I haven't played a Gibson since then that I liked. It's been for the most part, Fender strats with a few Ibanez's thrown in the mix. I bought a gold strat a few years back, (anniversary model) and it's just perfect

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit