Mike Huckabee now admits evolution theory has validity

by worldtraveller 24 Replies latest jw friends

• veradico
    veradico

As far as I can tell, the link does not say anything about Huckabee's admitting the validity of evolution, unless by you refer to Huckabee's vague belief in a guided, creative process.

• Mincan
    Mincan

As people who don't believe in the bible, it is of importance to us that a candidate share our views, because believing in the bible means that decisions in this person's life are based upon certain premises, premises we do not want to influence national policy.

aka fundamentalists wishing for mount moriah to be nuked to herald forth the second coming of christ. Or not caring about the environment because God can restore everything...etc.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Here's a link to an article from the Washington Post that I found to be very informative on just exactly what kind of Southern Baptist Huckabee is (he wasn't part of the conservative/literalist movement of the past several decades and apparently is not very popular among the hardliners)

Link

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Mike Huckabee is the only candidate I can support, he may not be truly conservative, but he sure is no Hillary Clinton.

I don't know alot about the Southern Baptist mindset, I do find them to be a tad too liberal for me, but he seems to promote family values, even if he is for the NIV bible.

I like Huckabee, and it's gonna take alot more than this to dissuade me.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

As long as everybody keeps voting for the main stream canidates that the masters endorse and allow, The United states is going to keep going in the same direction.

There are only 2 canidates that have working Americas interest at heart and working Amerika is ignoring.

As of now Kucinich is out of the race. If people dont find out about Ron Paul and vote for Amerika we are going to be run by the United Nations.

Weve already ignored Ross Perot and most with brains and ears have heard the sucking sound.

Ross said when you hear the big sucking sound it will be all of the jobs being sucked out of the United States.

Today we are a country of service workers. The good paying manufaturing jobs are gone.

We are a countyr of Taco Bells and disposable cheap wall mart Crap.

About evolutions I bought the Portable Atheist this weekend. I am looking forward to reading it. It has essays by Darwin, Sagin etc. I dont know if it will convince me or not. As of right now I reserve the right to be agnostic and I think thats what everybody is, because when you say you know whether there is a god or not your really telling me your full of tacos.

As far as evolution, I know that people and things change but I question and doubt that that is how we got here. I think the creator designed and made man with adaptability, which I see many of you evolutionist confusing with full tilt evolution. Which makes the problem and issue first of all one of semantics. Evolutionist and creationist are not speaking the same language.

• Mincan
    Mincan
    because when you say you know whether there is a god or not your really telling me your full of tacos.

No. They are saying they are sure no God exists because they have seen no evidence to the contrary. Usually it seems, in everything but this, that is a safe way to come to conclusions. Lack of evidence = lack of belief.

There is no objective reason to bring a God into the equation at all if you can in any way look at the universe objectively, and stop thinking about humans as the be all and end all of everything.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

This is specifically what he stated:

"If you want to believe that you and your family came from apes, I'll accept that," Huckabee said in an interview last year. "I believe there was a creative process ... I believe that there is a God and that he put the process in motion."

Sooner or later, we will all have to take the fossils seriously, and as I do I still have my faith, it's just in Jesus, not in a man made book.

Not sure why it is so difficult to believe in both.

As far as who to vote, I would pick someone who understands that when you borrow billions of dollars, you have to pay it back with interest. So far, I see none. I would like to see Bloomberg in the equation. Now there's someone I might consider if I was south of the 49th.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

hillbilly-

sorry... i forgot to put that "tounge in cheek ' icon up near the godless science crack............

Sorry for the misunderstanding, it's got to the point where some people here say it in all seriousness.

jaguarbass-

As of right now I reserve the right to be agnostic and I think thats what everybody is, because when you say you know whether there is a god or not your really telling me your full of tacos.

I think you're absolutely right. I see everyone as agnostic, because no one knows. The choice is believing or not. I don't believe, but I don't say that a god definitely could not exist. Like the Loch Ness monster - I don't say that definitely doesn't exist. It MAY exist, but because there is no evidence at all for it, why would I start believing in it?

worldtraveller-

Sooner or later, we will all have to take the fossils seriously, and as I do I still have my faith, it's just in Jesus, not in a man made book.
    Not sure why it is so difficult to believe in both.

But... the story of Jesus is in the man made book too, so how can you know which parts are right and which parts aren't?

I think because evolution is real, it makes it difficult if not impossible to explain away the original sin and the whole story of Adam and Eve, and therefore Jesus' reason for coming to earth.

• 5go
    5go

He is done as a Republican.

• serotonin_wraith

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit