Mike Huckabee now admits evolution theory has validity

by worldtraveller 24 Replies latest jw friends

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=562cfb53-69a7-4fcb-9e41-6db4f4e4381a&k=51066

Interesting story from The Godless north AKA Canada. Make sure you read the bottom part where the equator used to be in northern Canada.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Thank goodness

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I just love it when the media spends time on things that don't matter. What does he think of federalism? What is his foreign policy? Who cares whether he believes in evolution or not? Wouldn't this fall fairly close to a "religious test" for office? I just think there are more important things to consider for our candidates.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

daniel-p, if he thought the sun went around the earth you may see it differently.

Saying something like that should get people questioning his IQ and ability to look at evidence- good qualities to have in a president, surely?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Saying something like that should get people questioning his IQ and ability to look at evidence- good qualities to have in a president, surely?

Most of us on this board did not believe in evolution - that doesn't mean we all had a low IQ - it just means we used our intelligence to explain away the evidence. While I can see your viewpoint on the matter, I also don't think its of significance in the grand scheme of things when choosing a president. For me, whether or not someone believes in evolution is a little too personal, and doesn't strongly indicate one thing or another. You would have to assume a whole lot about someone's character in order to make it useful information.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

"For me, whether or not someone believes the sun goes around the earth is a little too personal, and doesn't strongly indicate one thing or another. You would have to assume a whole lot about someone's character in order to make it useful information."

Looks like this person needs to go to school again before taking up presidential work, but that's just my opinion. Thanks for your views.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"For me, whether or not someone believes the sun goes around the earth is a little too personal, and doesn't strongly indicate one thing or another. You would have to assume a whole lot about someone's character in order to make it useful information."

Looks like this person needs to go to school again before taking up presidential work, but that's just my opinion. Thanks for your views.

Not believing in evolution isn't the same as believing the sun goes around the earth. You're trying to reduce my argument to absurdity. Again, to reiterate, we all believed at one time that God created the earth and a global flood happened. That doesn't mean we were all stupid and needed to go back to school. But that we found a way to rationalize away the evidence through our faith. That in itself, indicates little, if anything, about a person's inherent intelligence. It's a cheap shot to say it does. I'm not trying to defend Huckabee - I'll likely drop dead before I vote for him. But this argument smacks of unfairness - not accounting for the power of ones' faith and the fact that - last I heard - it's not illegal to believe in something that scientists don't teach.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

maybe he just feels the need to pander to the godless science crowd? He is a politician after all.

~Hill

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith
    Not believing in evolution isn't the same as believing the sun goes around the earth

It is really. People used to take that on faith too. I think you're right about whether it makes him stupid or not. He can be smart and refuse to accept something he doesn't like. I'd still question his ability to look at evidence.

pander to the godless science crowd

Nothing about godless. Plenty of Christians have found a way to accept evolution. It's just about what's real or not.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

sorry... i forgot to put that "tounge in cheek ' icon up near the godless science crack............

~Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit