Active JW's Who Question The UN/WTBTS...

by zev 52 Replies latest jw friends

• thewiz
    thewiz

SaintSatan

I come here because I'm interested in truth. And I have a secret fetish for those who believe in things too easily. Not to mention people who make friends too fast. Like at these forums.

I like to see how the bonds of friendship are formed, simple because people have a common interest and/or goal. I like to see how certain people are held in esteem here and those who are not. What makes a person's comments accepted and another's, not.

I've learned one thing, if it's something bad about the WTBS, it's good. People eat it up. Gangbusters! Truth be damned.

I try to enter, what I feel is an objective point of view.

I see a one-sided converstaions at the WTBS and I see them here too.

I have no BEST friend, haven't had one in over 16 years. I don't make friends online, I do that in person.

Is it a miserable existence? I guess it could be better. At least here, I have an outlet. Here I don't care if i'm accepted or not, it's been that way for me, virtually my whole life anyway. Being ignored. Even when I'm right, I'm wrong.

I've been called a "trouble-maker."

I thought I could raise the quality of arguments here. But i think that is a moot point as well.

I believe the bible. I am an armchair amateur scholar of Hebrew and Greek reader, and if I could, I would devote myself fully to it. But it doesn't pay the bills.

I have openly made comments at the meetings that were not accepted too well. I.e. Elder's don't tell their wives anything. Yeah, right. I refuted that one right at a Sunday meeting comment.

Try shaking hands with an elders wife, when she thinks you have Vaseline on your hand. "Hi, I'm theWiz and this is Mary Palm and her five sisters ."

The WTBS lit. is usually, if at all, the last resource I n/ever consult.

I'm not a CO or DO. I haven't been to a meeting in 2 years and I haven't read too much of the lit. even longer.

I've never made it to M.S. or elder although I watched many pass me by who within a relatively short time after being appointed were later removed. -Seems the cry babies couldn't handle it.

I supscribe to the WT & A!, but i don't read them. Just to keep the lib current.

I subscribe to Biblical Archaeological Review and Bible Review. They are some one of my favrite sources of biblical knowledge and/or criticism. Along with lexicons and Word studies, Non-JW commentaries, etc.

I have challenged many DO's and CO's to thier faces.

I've read many "apostate" sources as well. I think Mr. Raymond Franz has some valid arguments and I have both his books. I also understand human nature, limitedly however, and I think he plays on a lot of it. He's just like his Uncle, deceitful. Just because he wrote a couple of books and appeared on talk shows, doesn't mean the leapord has changed his spots.

When thinking about the WTBS I think about 4 things: My Dad, Mr. Raymond Franz, George Orwell's 1984 and Animal Farm. I dont' kiss or worship the ground he walks on.

Stop being so paranoid. Take a Prozac and drink a hot cup of relaxing tea. I am, who I say I am.

I've never been to Cork, Ireland and kissed the Blarney Stone or reached sainthood or G.B. status -so I'm afraid lying is out.

I've seen the damage of what lying can do, so I am averse to it.

I've also learned that the quickest way to shut someone up is to disfellowship them for apostacy.

There's more, but who gives a shit.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wiz

I appreciate your sharing about yourself. I guess i overreacted. Your aloofness to the wt/un/ngo issue will probably be the stance the wt will also take. Ok. so you're not a co, do and you've taken some flack in the cong as well.

Personally, i think the un and what it does is commendable. What is upsetting, is that the wt condemned it and any religious leaders who were favorable to it in the first place, back in the 50's or 60's. I'm sure you are aware how they have raled against it for years, and now it turns out that they have acted exactly opposite to their own words, for 10 years pledging to agree/support/spread the un's agenda/ideals. Of course there is nothing wrong w doing that in itdelf. What is wrong is being hypocritical in such a big way.

I'm with you on the character of ray franz. I had posted pretty well the same thing some time ago, as there are many xdubs who almost worship the guy. For me, his book coc, was instrumental in bursting the bubble. Other than that, i could see that he still carries the wt mental framework in his head. I showed in my post that he begged, until he saw that it was hopeless, not to be turned out. Yes, he is still a jw under his new skin.

If you are able to be totally objective at all times, you would be a real asset here.

SS

• zev
    zev

i do wizzy.

lets hear more about what you think.

i came hear not because i was looking for reasons, but i had so many unanswered questions. i couldnt ask a co or do questions that i wasnt so sure i knew the right questions to ask. i've seen alot. if i hadnt seen personally some of the things done in the cong first hand, i might never have turned a page open to anything anti jw.

time and time again, we have been told beware the internet. yes i spend MUCH time online. i love the interaction and friends i have made, some of them are more trustworthy than my own friends.
    at some point i said, why? why are we being told to stay away. NOTHING makes a person want to look more than when someone says...dont look.

but i needed answers. answers to questions i did have, thoughts and issues that ALWAYS bothered me for many many years. at least this, this site and others like it, gave me the tools i needed to start looking and where to look for the answers.

books i have read and people i have talked to helped me alot.

but although this un thing is big, and disturbing.....

i have to ask why, yet again, i need the truth of it all.

i have to have it. i have a right to have answers. i have a right to ask questions.

in short...i also am on a search for truth. maybe i wont find it here, maybe i will. but i know this.....

when i started my quest for the truth of the truth, i did not expect to pull up a corner of the carpet and see the dirt. i thought i'd have to dig deep and thought i would never find anything i could question.

i was wrong.

-Zev
    -The "Truth" is out there! TRUST NO ONE!
    I WANT TO BELIEVE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit