Active JW's Who Question The UN/WTBTS...

by zev 52 Replies latest jw friends

• zev
    zev
    One question.

Have any of you who have written to the Borganization, about the UN/WTBTS relationship, heard any replys?

I know MANY of you have.

I'm not looking for details, though you can include them as you see fit.

a yes or no will do for now.

Thanks so much.

-Zev
    -The "Truth" is out there! TRUST NO ONE!
    I WANT TO BELIEVE!

• sleepy
    sleepy

I wrote to the British branch over 4 weeks ago.
    I'm still waiting for a reply

• beroea
    beroea

I have received answer. But the content was close to zero.

Bereoa

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

I was considering writing a letter but I figured it would be a waist of time as with the many other letters I have sent to the borg over the years.

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

Zev,
    afirmative.
    After 4 weeks I got an answer.
    I am willing to discuss the details in private.

Happy Day!!

• troubled
    troubled

I haven't written yet, but most likely will do so. I've printed out the before and after NGO lists, the letter from UN's NGO/DPI, the Guardian article, and the Society's British office reply to the article. I'm reading and discussing it with an open-minded sister at the Hall, as well as waiting to see if our upcoming CO's visit in January and/or any WT or Awake articles in the next 2 or 3 months address the issue.

If after all the above, I don't feel I have satisfactory, reasonable, Bible-based explanations about the whoe WTBTS/UN thing (or if I read/hear/see conflicting explanations), I will write to the Society about it, attach all of my information with it, and give a copy of the letter to every elder in our Hall.

If anyone has received a reply to their letters, I, too, am very interested in seeing it.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Troubled,

I just don't buy you anymore .... sorry but ....

Weren't you the one whining that this UN thing wasn't a big deal? Then when people set the record straight we didn't hear boo from you ...

Weren't you the one whining about the fact that some people didn't have any proof showing the criteria in 1992 was the same as today? Even though I told you that you could easily confirm the "supporting the UN charter criteria" was the same since 1968 by contacting the UN's DPI.

Then I and others, clearly and using the UN's own writen information (such as the Hoeffel letter, 4 press releases (2000, 1999, Aug 1992 & Feb. 1992), 2 1968 ECOSOC Resolutions, the 1996 updated ECOSOC resolutions, the DPI 1999-2000 Directory of NGOs) provided the proof you desired.

I haven't heard boo from you since then. Not a peep.

Didn't you explain you have a husband who is in this Borg. I have already read one article on this board about a couple getting marked over asking questions on the UN thing. Are you telling me that it is different in your congregation in so far that you can ask the CO (and yet you won't discuss it with hubby)? If you write to the Society about this isn't your hubby going to find out? Why are you talking to a sister when I haven't heard you talk to your husband about it.

Your whole reasoning is out to lunch. The WTS has given you countless articles explaining that the beast is evil and where it stands on neutrality. There is one in the Nov. 15/01 WT just before the Religious hypocrisy article. Now you have found out, just like Ray Franz showed you with the Malawi inicident, that there is a clear double standard that hurts people.

Whether the leadership did it for access to the UN or for prestige, they let people rot in jail and they prevented people from voting and they disassociated and shunned people who waved the flag. They have also whined about persecution in Malawi and Germany on the neutrality issue these past 10 years but look at their record since 1992. They sold out their doctrine and sacrificed their people all for either prestige or for a measely library card.

That is the ultimate in evil. All organizations have problems but this is beyond the minor problems. This is a sell out that kills and hurts people.

What kind of spin are you looking or waiting for unless you are just trolling?

hawk

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

I don't give a rat's ass about it

• zev
    zev

fred,
    crawl back into your rat hole.

-Zev
    -The "Truth" is out there! TRUST NO ONE!
    I WANT TO BELIEVE!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

So Fred is telling the world that he doesn't care about the Witnesses wrongly in jail right now and doesn't care if they get disassociated for waving the flag all the while the GB was practicing "non-neutrality".

Interesting that you don't care about your brothers and sisters all over the world Fred that are being persecuted by their own leaders.

I wonder about your interest if you were in jail right now or if you watched your mother get raped in Malawi a few years ago.

You are truly not well. Sad.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit