Elders breaking ecclesiastical privelege.

by avishai 18 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

How often have you seen this happen? Seems like even when I was a LITTLE kid, i'd find out why someone got df'd. Usually almost immediately. You? Ever NOT find out why someone was df'd? That's probably more the question..

• carla
    carla

Can you tell me if they consider themselves all ministers under the ecclesiastic umbrella at the moment? I know they flip flopped on the 'we are all minister' thing a few times. I know that in my case (as a ubm) my jw told a friend (soon to be ms or maybe already was) some things and it got all around the kh. If it didn't concern me I wouldn't care but you know how damn hard it is being married to bird seed. I tried to tell him that EVERYTHING he tells anybody at the kh will become public knowledge but of course he used the 'we are like a big family' crap and let it slide.

If a r & f learned something, such as pedophilia with a friend or even just a tendency towards such behavior would a jw feel they have ecclestiac privilege because they are 'ministers'? (this is a theoretical question, I have no such knowledge of anyone. If I did I would have no problem going public, signs, internet, police, etc....)

• avishai
    avishai
    If a r & f learned something, such as pedophilia with a friend or even just a tendency towards such behavior would a jw feel they have ecclestiac privilege because they are 'ministers'? (this is a theoretical question, I have no such knowledge of anyone. If I did I would have no problem going public, signs, internet, police, etc....)

I believe ALL baptized JW's are considered "ordained ministers" but i was talking about elders specifically.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

My father would keep it quiet for about a year. Then he would tell my mother or me details of committee meetings.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

This was one of the things that screamed to me that something was wrong in the org.

Many times I had elders break a confidence I had with them. As a result of these betrayals, I trust almost no one today with the exception of my youngest brother, my mom, and my wife.

• freetosee
    freetosee

We had a former bethelite couple in our hall, the wife told this joke:
    An newly baptized brother wanted to do all he can to encourage the brothers. So he goes to his study conductor and asks, "Tell me all the sins and weaknesses of the brothers, so that I can help them!" The conductor says,"Ask a pioneer, Im only a reg.pub., they have more dealings with the brothers, they will know more!" So he goes to the pioneer, but is told to go to a MS. The MS in turn tells him to go to an elder. The elder replies, "I have so much preparations to do and BOE meetings to go to, I really dont have much time to talk to the brothers. Go to the PO, he knows more." So he goes and is told to go to the CO, then to the DO, the DO sends him to bethel. Again he is disappointed, no one can help him, not even the GB. Finally he is told to speak to the angels. So he does and Gabriel tells him: "I cant tell you much, but I can tell you who knows it all, and can tell you far more then I or any other angel could ever tell..

...go speak to the elders wives!!"

• Scully
    Scully

I asked, supposedly in confidence, for the elders' help to arrange with some pioneers so I could keep my hours up by going with them on Bible Studies when I was experiencing panic attacks.

It was at the very next meeting when someone (not a pioneer) approached me to say that they heard that "Sister Scully doesn't want to go in service anymore," and a pioneer approached me and with as much contempt as she could muster, told me to 'get my own damn Bible Studies™'.

I've never disclosed anything private to a JW since then.

• myababes
    myababes

When my daughter got pregnant at 16 and was seen by the elders my husband kicked them out and wouldn't let them question her even tho he was an elder himself. However half the details were repeated by a pioneer sister, who coincedently was the best friend of the elders family, to my friend an that was the straw that broke the camels back as far as my husband was concerned. We even took it as far as the CO because there was a definite breach of confidentiality, but did it get us anywhere? God no, they denied everything so it was brushed under the carpet as per usual.

Looking back it was the best thing that ever happened cos it sent us on our way away from the hypocritical bunch of gits!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Yea I was privy to info that should have been confidential. I felt privileged at the time, but I feel sick about it now

• avishai
    avishai

The only time I remember NOT hearing what it was was when a couple of elders kids got df'd, and NOONE could find out and it was announced from the platform that ANYONE talking about what they did, even guessing would be immediately be reproved or df'd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit