Growing a Beard: Reaction from JWs

by compound complex 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

If Jehovah wanted men to have beards He wouldn't have created the safety razor!

• JH
    JH

I wouldn't walk into a KH with a beard or goatee. It's their rules, so they are the ones preventing me from going there.

In their mind, facial hair = rebellion

• restrangled
    restrangled

Back in the 70's when my now husband was studying with the JW's he always had a gorgeous beard and mustache. When he went through the "questions" for baptism they told him he had to get rid of his facial hair.......it saved him......he refused and never got baptised.

To this day he keeps a beautiful trimmed beared and mustache, and so do our sons!

r.

• JH
    JH

Why in the heck did God make man with facial hair, and not woman, if no man can go to a KH with facial hair?

• Mincan
    Mincan

I stopped shaving two days before my last meeting (last January) and didn't shave it off completely until late summer. Tried many styles, some looked good because the proper areas had enough coverage (but it takes a long time to get there). Others looked stupid for the opposite reason.

My mother hated it from the beginning, but as I changed styles she would occasionally nod approval and say such and such was catchy or whatever. There were a few times i would change styles and she wouldn't even notice, so I know she was only saying so as not to have me stand out so much, and bring less reproach upon her (untarnished? what does she think they don't find dirt somewhere else) name. She would always dance a jig whenever I shaved it off. LOL

Older witness assclowns would smile like jackasses.

When I went to a couple assemblies and gatherings with it people would automatically say "nice to see you here" and smile (people I didn't know at all) as they assumed what exactly? They didn't know me from Adam Baldwin.

Since it's been a year since the first time I tried, I'm trying again, haven't shaved in about a week. Will let it grow and see how stupid it looks this time. There is more terminal coverage and less vellus coverage, but not by much...

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I remember when I attended the Dana Point, CA hall, there was an unbaptized publisher who had a beard. He even gave talks on the school. Maybe he had skin issues or something though. When I was in the army, if your face wasn't used to shaving, and it started to break out real bad, you could get a shaving profile which meant you didn't have to shave for a certain period of time.

• Layla33
    Layla33

I have yet to hear a logical rationale explanation for the JWs having an issue with men with beards. I happen to find men with a goatee or nice low beard very sexy.

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

marmot- "kinda like a lion eating the cubs so he can wipe out all genetic lineage of his predecessor."

I could be mistaken, but I thought the point of a lion killing off the predecessor's cubs was to put the pride back in heat? If the lionesses have cubs, they don't go into heat and the lion doesn't get any, which is the whole reason he ran his predecessor off in the first place!

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

my cousin is a pioneer/elder in manchester and has a full beard.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends,

Thank you for this really helpful information.

No JW has yet offered a comment on my up-and-coming beard. Others have commented favorably.

Right now it's "designer facial hair."

CoCo la Barbe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit