Question For American Travellers:

by Englishman 23 Replies latest jw friends

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Yeah, we are definitely staying home this Christmas.

closer

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

hmmm methinks people will be reconsidering this after another crash today. Although they say this wasn't intentional it's the worst thing that could have happend to flying confidence. I flew Oct 10th and wasn't to nervous, and I might add the Airport and flight were PACKED!!!!!

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I had a cruise scheduled for Sept. 16 to 22. From Ft. Lauderdale. The cruise line refused to refund or provide vouchers, even though the Sept 11th attack had just occured. I did not want to fly.

We did. It was lose our money for our cruise or get on the plane. Since this was the first vacation my spouse and I scheduled in 13 years, we went for it.

I cried on the first leg of the flight, thinking of the people on the planes that crashed.

I had to fly again in mid-October...the airplane was packed. I was not afaird. (in spite of going through Chicago. The security was terrible.)

I am scheduled to fly again at Christmas. I will grip the seat handle. I will be nervous. We have to do it though. If we do not, the terrorists have achieved their objective.

Puffs.

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

I passed up commenting on this post when it first came out because I really didn't want to seem alarmist or negative. While it is too early to tell if this most recent crash was terrorist related, I'm willing to guess that it is. It would fit the pattern of what terrorists want to accomplish and the timing as well.

I further feel that most American's are in for a huge rude awakening about this new war. I think this will be just as painful, if not more so, than the Vietnam war. I won't get into that any more now than just to say that I wouldn't be taking any more flights by plane from the USA, even if they were free.

...and no, I don't fear flying, I just fear dying.

Skipper

All great deeds and all great thoughts have ridiculous beginnings--Albert Camus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit