Can someone explain Paradise earth for me.

by Guest with Questions 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

My mother has brought up this issue a few times lately and I'm a bit confused. Actually she says she's confused about it and doesn't know what to believe; that what she reads in the bible contradicts what the elders say.

She said that if you die before Armegeddon you become an angel, so I assume that they will never marry or have children? If you and your current spouse both survive Armegeddon you continue to be married and have children?

You spend the next 1000 years cleaning up the bodies that didn't make it through Armegeddon? You are never sure if you will be eliminated if you do wrong during this period? So basically you are tested during this life time and then tested again for 1000 years?

Someone on this board a while back mentioned that if there is no longer death, why will some people still be eliminated? Or is the promise of no more death or suffering not during the 1000 years but afterwards?

It all sounds very appealing.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

She said that if you die before Armegeddon you become an angel, so I assume that they will never marry or have children?

FALSE -this is not a JW teaching

If you and your current spouse both survive Armegeddon you continue to be married and have children? CORRECT

You spend the next 1000 years cleaning up the bodies that didn't make it through Armegeddon? CORRECT but the birds do a huge amount of the work

You are never sure if you will be eliminated if you do wrong during this period? So basically you are tested during this life time and then tested again for 1000 years? CORRECT

Someone on this board a while back mentioned that if there is no longer death, why will some people still be eliminated? GREAT POINT

• aniron
    aniron

She said that if you die before Armegeddon you become an angel, so I assume that they will never marry or have children?

If you are one of the "anointed" you go straight to heaven when you die. No marriage no children

If one of the "great crowd/other sheep" you cease to exist when you die and have to rely on Jehovah "remembering you.
    If He does then you will be resurrected to earth. But no marriage no children.

If you and your current spouse both survive Armegeddon you continue to be married and have children? Correct

If you are one of the other 6 billion non-JW's alive on earth at the time of Armageddon you are destroyed.

But if you die before Armageddon you will be resurrected. Whether you are a JW or not.

Unless you have rejected "Jehovahs word" or if a JW you have been disfellowshipped, disassociated, and even worse an apostate.

You spend the next 1000 years cleaning up the bodies that didn't make it through Armageddon? Some of the thousand years, with help from birds.
    You will also be teaching the resurrected ones the latest "New Light"

Someone on this board a while back mentioned that if there is no longer death, why will some people still be eliminated,There will be no Adamic death. Not sure but think if you openly rebel you can be eliminated by Jehovah.

Or is the promise of no more death or suffering not during the 1000 years but afterwards? After the 1000 years you will be declared righteous and perfect.

So basically you are tested during this life time and then tested again for 1000 years? correct. A JW must serve the Watchtower faithfully to the end, if they either want to survive Armageddon or be resurrected.
    Then you have do it to all again for a 1000 years.

• watson
    watson

And.....at the end of the thousand years, the most vile creature in the universe will be released so that it can use it's influence to mislead/test the multitudes again. If you don't pass that test, even though you helped clean things up for a 1000 years, you will be judged not worthy of everlasting life and be destroyed.

• drifter
    drifter

The "other sheep" are tested for their entire life time before armageddon, then for 1000 plus years afterward, with the possibility of losing everything only removed

after proving faithful in the final 'loyalty" test. Then they can live on earth forever.

The "annointed" on the other hand only have to prove faithful to death this side of armageddon(for some only a small number of years) and get immortality and a kingship in the heavens.

How can anyone say that "all you are brothers" on an equal playing field, and not a first and second prize situation.

l was shocked to find it was Rutherford who came up with this heavenly reward for only 144000 humans,

Russell had all christians going to heaven, so at least he got that bit right.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I never bought into the teaching of the thousand year test. Is this the act of a loving god??? For heavens sake. Just destroy satan at the onset and live happily ever after.....let the bottom fall out of the abyss and WOOOOSH!!! he's gone.

NMG

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If I was to be resurrected to eat fruit at the endless picnic, pet lions, bounce beach balls
    off of elephants- now that would be totally cool.

But if I gotta work burying the 6 billion (plus) carcasses, and breaking up concrete for
    1000 years just to be eliminated again at the end, then it isn't worth it. I know I would
    fail the ultimate test at the end because I just cannot serve a God who kills innocent
    Asian, Indian, African, & Middle eastern children because their parents were wonderful
    people at the moment of Armageddon, but they never accepted literature from
    Jehovah's Witnesses, whom they barely heard of. I cannot serve a God who plans to
    destroy all those that don't sell Watchtowers.

So, ultimately, if I were wrong about the cult (and I am not), and 99.9% of the world is
    doomed, I hope I live to the end and am only eliminated that one time, never facing
    resurrection. Maybe I can just blaspheme the Holy Spirit now just in case.

• oompa
    oompa
    watson: And.....at the end of the thousand years, the most vile creature in the universe will be released so that it can use it's influence to mislead/test the multitudes again. If you don't pass that test, even though you helped clean things up for a 1000 years, you will be judged not worthy of everlasting life and be destroyed.

I love u watson....who wants to worship..........and I do not understand the concept...............the most vile, horrible, wicked, terror in the universe for even a minute????????????????....oompa....why???

• moshe
    moshe

This whole "New Order" teaching is a WT fairy tale. Jehoobah can't even see the pedophiles hiding in the KH and he is going bring all the dead back with identical bodies and with all their memories intact? Deep down inside JW's all have this niggling doubt that it doesn't make any sense.

• 5go
    5go

OH and my favorite Jehovah is delaying it so more sheep can be found. Which is bad reasoning in light of the fact many sheep are leaving do to Paradise's being delayed so long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit