Can someone explain Paradise earth for me.

by Guest with Questions 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth
    the issue of resurrection lies with Jehovah God himself. he said in John 5:28&29 that those in his memorial tomb will be resurrected. It is very obvious that a jW who remain faithful till death will be resurrected but for other denominations, the bible says that there are only two roads, one leads to life and the other to death, surely on these roads, there are no branches, so it is either you are serving God faithfully and heed his admonition that we should not forsake the gathering of ourselves because there, he instructs us.

Pauly,

First of all welcome!! I know it took a lot of courage to post on this board. I remember my first posts. When I first started questioning some of the teachings of the WT, one of the first things that I researched

was about the "great crowd" in Revelation 7. I asked for Holy Spirit to guide me which even the NWT says "anyone" can do (Luke 11:11-13) and found that they were in heaven (in sight of the throne KIT).

You say there are only two roads, I agree with you. But Jesus was not talking about "denominations", he was saying that : "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through

me."John 14:6. ALL Christians, who believe in Jesus, are following the "road that leads to life" not just Jehovah's Witnesses. Did you read through Compound Complex' post? Please do. I know it is hard to read all that fine

print, but I know you will find it worth while. If it is too hard to read, copy and paste it to a Word document and enlarge it. This is one of the most comprehensive documents about this subject I have read.

I hope that you will investigate what is posted here and not just shrug it off and go on believing what you have been taught without investigating it at least. Ask for Holy Spirit to show you, so you know behond a

shadow of a doubt. If you believe your everlasting life depends on knowledge, please give it a chance.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Eliveleth,
    "ALL Christians, who believe in Jesus, are following the "road that leads to life" not just Jehovah's Witnesses."

I agree with the first half of the statement but Jehovah's Witnesses are certainly NOT following Jesus.

Do they think they are saved by the blood of Jesus or by their own "good works" and professions as "Jehovah" as God? Do they partake in the New Covenant in Christ, become born again and follow Jesus' command to partake of the break and wine as Jesus instructed believers? Do they believe this verse?

1 Peter 3:18 (New International Version)
    For Christ died for sins once for ALL, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,

No, they believe it is only for the 144 000, and do not partake of the bread and wine.

Obviously they do not bleieve this verse either.

Revelation 7:4 (New International Version)
    Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.

Do they believe Jesus here?

John 10:30 (New International Version)
    I and the Father are one.

Or here?

Revelation 22:13 (New International Version)
    I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Or here?

John 1 (New International Version)

The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning.
    3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

This sums it up.

Romans 3 (New International Version)

22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement,[i] through faith in his blood.

All the best,
    Stephen

• willyloman
    willyloman

Just finished reading the commentary by Ray Franz. Can't help thinking that if the WTS had gone in a different direction post-1975, led by Ray and others, they'd have arrived at the position described in this essay. If that had happened, the WT Society would be a far better place and most or all of its unique JW doctrines would have evaporated by now. A mainstream Watchtower organization would be a big improvement over the one that now exists (although not perfect). As it is, the wrong direction they took will certainly lead to their demise, a fate well deserved.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,
    "Can someone explain Paradise earth for me."

No problems, it is very simple.

So what is "paradise" in the bible?

Luke 23:43 (New International Version)
    Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

2 Corinthians 12:3-4 (New International Version)
    3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell.

2 Corinthians 12:2 (New International Version)
    I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows.

So Jesus and Paul said if they died they would be in paradise or third heaven (the righteous).

OK see below for the resurrections.

Revelation 2:7
    He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

Revelation 21:1-3 (New International Version)
    The New Jerusalem
    1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

Revelation 21:10 (New International Version)
    10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.

Clearly, paradise (the new Jerusalem) will be on the new earth as it comes down out of heaven.

So here is THE most important bit.

Hebrews 9:27 (New International Version)
    Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=73&chapter=20&version=31

Satan's Doom

7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
    The Dead Are Judged

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Those in the first resurrection are those that died in the tribulation and did not worship the beast. The rein with Christ for 1000 years (the Millennium). Then there is a battle at the place called Armageddon (Rev 16:16). After this the rest of the dead are resurrected (second resurrection). Those whose names are in the Lamb's (Jesus') book of life go to live with Him in the New Jerusalem for ever and ever. Those who's names are no are tormented in the lake of fire, day and night for ever and ever.

Don't believe that or want to believe that or think that Jesus is not talking literally?

Matthew 18:9 (New International Version)
    And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

Mark 9:47-48 (New International Version)
    47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48 where
    " 'their worm does not die,
    and the fire is not quenched.'[a]

Matthew 7:19
    Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

Isaiah 66:23-24 (New International Version)
    23 From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me," says the LORD. 24 "And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind."

Hope that helps!

All the best,
    Stephen

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Has anyone read "The Diary of an Armageddon Survivor"?

If what the Watchtower teaches is true, I am sure it would end up like this. Paradise anyone?hee hee

Love and hugs,

Velta

http://www.reachouttrust.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=60953&sid=bd7c7b87899b46f0412ba31d75e5474b

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit