JWs teach Jesus is not their Mediator....see WT article!!

by Lady Liberty 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hello Friends,

Many while JWs, (myself included) were not aware that the organization teaches that Jesus is the Mediator for the 144,000 ONLY ! I was so shocked to learn this, and I thought I would post this for all the newbies and lurkers. Here is the article.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

(From the Watchtower- 1979 April 1st issue page 31, under qustions from the readers.)

QuestionsfromReaders

Is Jesus the "mediator" only for anointed Christians?

The term "mediator" occurs just six times in the Christian Greek Scriptures and Scripturally is always used regarding a formal covenant.

Moses was the "mediator" of the Law covenant made between God and the nation of Israel. (Gal. 3:19, 20) Christ, though, is the "mediator of a new covenant" between Jehovah and spiritual Israel, the "Israel of God" that will serve as kings and priests in heaven with Jesus. (Heb. 8:6; 9:15; 12:24; Gal. 6:16) At a time when God was selecting those to be taken into that new covenant, the apostle Paul wrote that Christ was the "one mediator between God and men." (1 Tim. 2:5) Reasonably Paul was here using the word "mediator" in the same way he did the other five times, which occurred before the writing of 1 Timothy 2:5, referring to those then being taken into the new covenant for which Christ is "mediator." So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the "mediator" only for anointed Christians.

The new covenant will terminate with the glorification of the remnant who are today in that covenant mediated by Christ. The "great crowd" of "other sheep" that is forming today is not in that new covenant. However, by their associating with the "little flock" of those yet in that covenant they come under benefits that flow from that new covenant. During the millennium Jesus Christ will be their king, high priest and judge. For more detailed information, see AidtoBibleUnderstanding, pages 1129 and 1130 under "Mediator"; also God’s"EternalPurpose"NowTriumphingforMan’sGood, page 160, paragraph 10; also TheWatchtower issues of February 15, 1966, pages 105 through 123; November 15, 1972, pages 685 and 686, under the subheading "Leading the Way to a New Covenant"; and April 1, 1973, pages 198 and 199, under the subheading "The New Covenant."

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    However, by their associating with the "little flock" of those yet in that covenant they come under benefits that flow from that new covenant.

So instead of Mediator, Jesus is a friend with benefits?

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

This is rather old news for most on here, but it is always good to read this again and be reminded of it. The Watchtower idol most certainly is preaching something beyond what the apostle Paul and other apostles taught (Galatians 1). An offensive twisting of the plain scriptural truth that ALL genuine Christians are all one sheep with one shepherd in the same pen, all in the new covenant, and all having Jesus their shepherd as their master and mediator. Shame on the WBTS!

• freedomfighter
    freedomfighter

The Bible is a guitar which they only play out of tune.

FF

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

That was a real stumbler for me. I told a Christian friend of mine and she got mad." Who are they to say who Jesus is mediator between?" It got even more fun when I described the partaking of the emblems. Her son got married and they took sacrement during the ceremony. I thought it was beautiful.

momz

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

I'm not sure if all witnesses know this fact. My mother certainly wasn't aware of it when I asked her about a year ago. When witnesses came to my door more than a year ago I asked them who their Mediator was and their immediate response was Jesus. When I asked them again they said they didn't want to confuse me and that their Mediator was the Org. If they can't be up front and truthful with this issue what else are they witholding.

The bible clearly states that Jesus is the only Mediator between God and man.

1 Tim 2:3-5 This is good and pleases God our Saviour, who wants all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ, who gave himself as a ransom for all men.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'm thinking of asking the JWs who bring my mags about this one as I've recently seen it raised on a site other than ones run by ex-JWs, so at least I can now approach the question without the need to fumble as to where I found the info!

Any suggestions as to exactly how to go about it will be gratefully accepted :-)

• carla
    carla

Jw's can be told this numerous times and they simply dismiss it. My jw has been told this on many occasions. If he doesn't outright dismiss it and say we apostates took it out of context he will say that Jesus his mediator throught the 144,000 and has no problem with it not being a personal mediator. He likens it to a union disagreement. There is a mediatior between the owner or boss and all the workers. Only a small handful actually talk, discuss and negotiate in the meetings between the owners, workers and the mediator. See? the small handful of union big wigs are just like the 144,000. So I just go hit my head against the brick wall as usual. The wt's trump the bible all the time anyway.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

You know what? I was still in in 1979 and I totally missed this. My mom has recently said something about the "non-annointed" being symbolized by the "Nethinim" (Non Isrealite slaves or 'ministers') 'decendants of the Gibeonites' blah blah blah. Brought wood and water to the temple. Sort of like being a black joining the Mormon church (despite their 'new light).

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

So, that being said, has the "faithful and descreet slave" usurped Jesus position?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit