What Does A JW "Learn" At The Meetings?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I know how that the earth is round, the sky is blue, water is wet, and I know how to flush a toilet. I can remember all these things, and more, without constant repitition.

The only reason "repitition for emphasis" is needed for JW teachings is because, without it, reason would eventually kick in.

W

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

Do what the WTBTS tells you to do and if you're not happy doing it, then there's something wrong with YOU.

The only thing that is making you unhappy is because you're not doing enough in "the truth".

Happiness is in your hands.....however in your hands BETTER be a Watchtower

• minimus
    minimus

A JW learns how not to think.

Now that only spiritual pablum is served, what one eats is regurgitated puke.

• sir82
    sir82

I have learned how to cope with periods of excruciating boredom. With this acquired skill, I can sit motionless with my mind empty for hours at a time!

• erynw
    erynw

How to sleep with their eyes open?

• minimus
    minimus

At the end of my meeting attendance, I used to sit there, listen attentively and say to myself, "What bullshit!"

• cognac
    cognac

I have been learning a lot lately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take the time to do my own personal research...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

At this link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyXFN4ocN_o&NR=1

if you substitute "heroine" with "Watchtower" and instead of "snorting,"
    you "accept as truth," you get an idea what is learned at meetings.

• minimus
    minimus

Cognac, you can "wisely" utilize your limited time to planning the week's activities. You can write up a schedule for things that you need to do for the month. You can write cards to folks you haven't seen in a while. You can wear dark glasses and say you have allergies and sleep......There's tons of good things to do at the meetings.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Nothing. When I was in, all I learned was a fairy tale about how two perfect humans sinned, and Jehovah is going to torture us all in order to coerce us into doing things His way to get back to perfection. Then I learned about how important it is to not miss any meetings, to make great sacrifice to be there at the annual wastefest that they call the Memorial, and make sure I am there at the multi-day wastefests. Finally, I learned that, unless I make 24 hours a day/7 days a week available for field circus and them maximize productivity in that (using their methods, which do not work), I have "murdered" all those that they fantasize I should have reached.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit