What Does A JW "Learn" At The Meetings?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Correct me if you think I'm wrong but I don't think the meeting teach Witnesses anything they don't already know. "Getting reminders" is not learning anything new. It's all a re-hash.Reading a publication at home is no different than reading it in a group.

I do not understand why anyone would want to leave the comfort of their homes to pretend that you're going to a "life-saving" meeting. It's so stupid.

• changeling
    changeling

Repetition for emphasis.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

You learn how to rationalize a truckload of crap into your daily field circus and "bible study" arguments.

You also learn how to Swallow Tripe and Like It!

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

We learn that the meetings are a loving provision from Jehovah and we benefit by attending all 5 of them.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Correct me if you think I'm wrong but I don't think the meeting teach Witnesses anything they don't already know. "Getting reminders" is not learning anything new. It's all a re-hash.Reading a publication at home is no different than reading it in a group.

I do not understand why anyone would want to leave the comfort of their homes to pretend that you're going to a "life-saving" meeting. It's so stupid.

If you don't go to the meetings three or five (whatever, just because they make two hours worth of boring stuff in one sitting does not mean they are separate meetings - you are expected to sit through all of the coma-inducing excitement) times a week, you will not fall for the crap for very long. Eventually you will start to think for yourself and realize you have been fed a lot of BS. So they have to implore you to plug into the lifesaving meetings to recharge or whatever, so that they can keep you under their power. But, of course, you already know this, minimus.

• thom
    thom

For 40 years I heard the same things over and over. For the last 20 years, I mostly sat there and tried to pay attention, but was so bored I just wanted it to be over so I could go home. I gave a lot of talks on the service meeting and public talks. It's interesting watching the audience from the platform, the percentage of people that actually look like they give a sh$$ what you're saying is low.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Shut up!..Listen!..Do as your told and like it!..Hitting With Bat 2Hitting With Bat 2..................Clint Eastwood

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    What Does A JW "Learn" At The Meetings?

To ignore their inner voice.

• KW13
    KW13

To not Learn.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Like Goddess Rachael said - The main purpose of meetings is to make sure the indoctrination process is kept going. The repetition of the information is exactly for the same reason. This is how mind-control works so effectively and is one of their major tools. It doesn't matter if your not learning anything new because that isn't the main aim.

Maddie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit