Wish me luck!! Having surgery in the morning...

by babygirl75 19 Replies latest jw friends

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I'm having a minor outpatient surgery in the morning in Charlotte. The hospital just called me and asked me how I felt about blood transfusions and if I had any religious beliefs that would hinder my medical care. They still had listed from years and years ago, that I was a JW. I made sure that that was removed from all files and that I was listed as no denomination. Why do I still shudder when someone ask me that after all these years??? I haven't told any of my JW family that I'm having the surgery. Don't want to hear about the blood, even though there shouldn't be any risk of needing it...

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

Good Luck!!!! I'll be sending positive vibes your way. I work in Charlotte, so you should get them soon.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Babygirl

Hope all goes well and my thoughts are with you.

Sheri

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If it's minor surgery, there is little excuse for needing blood (barring major complications). I still do not like the idea of unnecessary blood transfusions because they pose some risk of infection and incompatibility, and are a waste of blood for someone that really needs it. Taking blood when it's not really needed is like taking cephalexin for an infection that might not be there.

However, if it should get to be life-or-death because of major problems, then you should definitely take the blood. When the benefits of taking blood exceed the cost, then you should take it without respect for any religion. At that point, it could save your life or prevent even worse complications.

After the operation, you may wish to do some independent research on the disease or problem and see about the underlying cause. That way, you have at least a chance of delaying or preventing the problem from coming back or having a similar one developing later. And you might prevent seemingly unrelated problems if you find and correct the root cause of this one. Keep in mind that the official AMA approved sites are biased in favor of drug companies and need to be balanced with independent sources (I suggest at least 3 different sources, at least one from the opposite side of the others).

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Positive vibes from me too sweetie.

• JK666
    JK666

baby,

Good luck on your operation! You just reminded me to get my medical records changed too, thanks.

John

• Maddie
    Maddie

Good luck Baby girl. I will be thinking of you

Maddie

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I hope everything goes well for you babygirl75.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

BTW - there is no such thing as minor surgery - the body does not like being opened up. It's always tramatic.

That said: Good luck and a speedy recovery, babygirl75.

Jeff

• free2think
    free2think

Good Luck Babygirl, i hope everything goes well and that you have a speedy recovery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit