I have shingles I think.

by noni1974 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Forscher
    Forscher

Time to break out the oxycontin!

As you described it, it could be Shingles. So get to that doctor! Both my dad and I get that nasty little puppy, and in the same facial nerve to boot. In our case it is a nerve which involves an eye. I've been fortunate in that I've only suffered from one attack so far. But if my dad is any indication of how things are going to go, things are going to get worse as the years pile on. The fact that I take an immuno-suppressant to stop another problem which affects my eyes, iridocyclitis, doesn't bode well for my future where shingles is concerned either.

Shingles is very painful, to put it mildly. Last year my father had an attack so painful that enough oxycontin to kill a horse couldn't touch it. But then it was in his eye, attacks elswhere generally don't quite rise to that level of pain. He ended up hospitalized with a stomach lining which resembled hamburger more than anything else. As pointed out, antivirals are the only effective treatment for the infection itself. The sooner you get them into your system after you realize its started, the better. Believe me, you don't wont to waste time with this little puppy.

Forscher

• Tara
    Tara

Noni, please go see your doctor ASAP so you can start getting better quicker. Sorry you're so stressed.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I went to the doctors today.I got put on Valtrex for anti viral.I got put on Neurontin for nerve pain and Tramadol for the aches and pains.

The doctor said I do have shingles.I'm only contaigous if someone were to touch my sores on my back.The doctor said to keep them covered and I can go to work as normal.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I hope the medicine kicks in quick for you. ***

Jackie

• Angry_Kangaroo
    Angry_Kangaroo

I hope you feel better soon!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I had singles back in 92 after my grandma passed away. They are terrible and they are painful and itchy. They seem to go along a nerve line and even though it has been many years since I had them I still experience nerve pain and severe itching. I was put on AZT and it just knocked the wind out of my sails. Wow I slept day and night and night and day.

I wouldn't wish them on anyone.

love the cat.

• JK666
    JK666

noni,

I am glad that you found out, and got medicine.

GET WELL SOON!

John

• free2think
    free2think

(((((((((((((((noni))))))))))))))

I hope you feel better soon.

• Tara
    Tara

Noni, I'm glad you went. I hope you're feeling better very soon.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I took the pills yesterday afternoon around 6 PM or so I went to bed around 7:30 or so I was high as a kite.I just took the meds again and I'm high as a kite again.I really don't like this feeling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit