Have You Ever Reported An Abuser?

by sweet pea 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Last year I called a couple of the elders where I grew up, and told them everything my step dad did to me. They all said they would get back to me. But not one called me back. There is an elder where I work, from the local congregation. (They are only 30 miles apart.) We spoke about it, and everyone we knew in common.

A couple days after we talked, he let me know that the elder's in that congregation knew about my activity on this site. On one thread, I told of how my stepdad, who was a MS, molested me, and another elder molested a friend of mine. So someone, somewhere, is monitoring this site, which we all pretty much know.

Nothing was ever done about my stepdad, who I understand still holds a postition of some kind in his congregation in California. The elder that I work with informed me that if someone is accused of child molesting, they cannot hold any kind of postition! Hmmmm.........

shell

The elders pretty much knew years ago that my stepdad was molesting me back then

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

About the time that I first started posting here I reported my nephew's school that he and a few of the other boys (1st or 2nd grade) were being fondled and intimidated by another boy. My nephew would pee his pants to avoid going to the bathroom and risk contact with this kid.

I lived in eastern Washington at the time, and I emailed the King County police. I gave them the name of the school, and the name of the student who was doing this. This kid had been to over half a dozen schools because he kept getting kicked out for this type of behavior. Because he was so young, he was allowed to slip through the system.

My sister was angry with me for overstepping her parental authority. Her two mistakes were not taking care of this herself, and complaining to me about it.

She got her revenge later on me when she outed me to my family. But that also bit her on the ass and was actually a good thing for me.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

When I was 14, I told my mother my stepfather was molesting me. He was not a witness but was studying. She told me not to tell my father as he would not allow me to see her anymore. Then she pretended nothing ever happened and never spoke of it again.

When I was around 29, my younger sister, who was 15, told me her 14 year old friend told her she was being molested by her foster father who happened to be a very old friend of our family. I grew up with their older kids, my sisters with their younger kids, his wife was our piano teacher, etc. He was an MS in my parents congo. My father was PO. We lived in a province with mandatory reporting. I told my sister she had to tell my father about it or I would tell him. I gave her 1 day. She did tell, and I waited to see if my father would report or not. If he didn't, then I was going to call social services myself. To his credit, my father did report it and the MS was arrested and spent time in jail. He was also df'd but reinstated later. The foster daughter was given back to her mother who was no prize either.

Child molestors are the scum of the earth and I would never hesitate to report. However, it is very shocking when it is someone "nice" who you have known your whole life! I can see why people get so shocked and go into denial. It is very hard to believe someone you have known and liked for years can do something so horrible.

Cog

• fokyc
    fokyc
    Thoughts?

Why wait 20 years?

fokyc

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Why wait 20 years?

fokyc

Soometimes it takes that long to realise that what happened to you was a) bad and b) not your fault

If the guy who molested me all those years ago was still alive, yes I'd have reported him to the police.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit