Need some clarification on something my mom said

by Gringa 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gringa
    Gringa

I have been out a long, long time. 3 rd generation. My younger brother died a few months ago, He was 40 years old and had left the "truth" as a teenager. He was living a not so pure lifestyle which my mom knew about.

While at home attending to his business and staying with my mom, my daughter started crying on day and said that she missed her uncle so much. My mom then said, well, do you want to see Uncle ___ again? If you do, he will be on paradise earth with me and you, too, can be there.

I spoke up and said, what do you mean? He will be there? And she started babbling off some scripture about how those that die will be reserected. I really was in shock and didn't want to get into an lenghty discussion with her....

Have I missed something? I, also, read here on the forum that Saddam will be brought back. So, what is the deal? Have the witnesses changed there beliefs since I left or was I out in left field when I was in? All we have to do is die before the end to have everlasting life, no matter what we did on this earth?

TIA

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The teaching over quite a few years now is this:

If a person dies before the judgment of Armageddon, they have a good chance
    at a resurrection to learn about Jehovah in Paradise, then receive the opportunity
    to serve Jehovah.

The only ones who won't be resurrected are those that have received judgment in
    this life- Sodom and Gomorrah, the Flood (subject to doctrinal flips) and any who
    have blasphemed the Holy Spirit (basically by radical apostate actions). Even with
    that last one, blaspheming HS, it is not really for JW's to judge.

Essentially, a person just has to die before the final judgment. This gives JW's a
    reason to cheer up and be thrilled that loved ones died. My mother seemed happy
    that her mother died in "this system of things." It really warps their mourning.

• Gringa
    Gringa

Jesus H. Christ...... so, what happens if they reject it after Armmegeddon? Are they immediately struck down by a bolt of lightening? Are they given any second chances? So, death and destruction are going to continue well into the new system? Is possible corruption of the new systen going to happen by all these wackos getting a "second chance"?

I mean, I have heard alot of crazy things from the witnesses but for some strange reason, for me, this one takes the cake. I really don't remember being taught this prior to 1975 (when I left for good).

I, too, think my mom wants me to die in this sick sort of way.... you are really right, this is really insane. Beyond insane, I am speechless.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

YEP! Satan is loosed from the abyssand then is free to try and corrupt the perfect flesh once again. As the wts depicts, these will be as numerous as the sands of the seas. A rebellious crowd, all dressed in hippy style clothes, girls with rebellious bandanas and all that hippie stuff, lmoa. So, die now if you must , but you will be given a second chance to rebel once more. Pathetic to think, isn't? That a loving god would resurrect all of those poor souls thatsuffered death and then were thrilled to be brought back to life only to have to live in hell on earth again with satan on the rampage???? You tell me this....does that sound like a LOVING god to YOU?? Damn, I'm such an apostate. I don't appreciate anything that the fds provides me, do I..........................That's why I have..............

nomoreguilt

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Muuuuum...... sure sounds like insanity doesn't it now !

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

It's a really weird, morbid doctrine, but is it really so weird coming from the witnesses? They think that everyone besides them is going to be brutally murdered by God.

• Gringa
    Gringa

OH for God's sake!!! This is getting more and more weird......

I thought we were taught that the 1000 year rein of Christ was God's rest day - to give humanity an era of peace for all their toil on earth. So, what really is this 'paradise" earth you all were so lovingly and eagerly looking forward to? Sounds like a continuation of the same - think about it - your dearly departed spouse is risen from the dead, just so you can see them killed again by the rath of God because they refuse to bow at his feet or they (gasp!) eat an apple? Sounds like paradsie to me!!!!

When DOES the fear of GOD Jehovah EVER end with this fricking wacko cult? Ahhh, yes, that loving God....

• horrible life
    horrible life

That's why JW's commit suicide, because if they oft themselves before the New System, they have a good chance of living forever.

Otherwise, they will be caught, with their pants down, on the first go-around.

• Gringa
    Gringa

Frankly, if I die and am resurrected to have to live the JW lifestyle all over again - I AM GONNA BE REALLY PISSED OFF!

Are you joking about committing suicide as a way to live forever? I thought I was taught that it was wrong and if you did that, you would not see the new world. When did they change all of this? So, it is now ok to kill yourself?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    A rebellious crowd, all dressed in hippy style clothes, girls with rebellious bandanas and all that hippie stuff, lmoa. So, die now if you must , but you will be given a second chance to rebel once more.

The doctrine is stuck with what the Bible actually says. They have to address the Revelation story
    that Satan will be let loose and tons of people will follow him.

I don't see the rebels as hippies with bandanas. It could just be women in pants and men with
    beards. Perhaps these folks will wear t-shirts with logos on them to clean the temple (LOUD GASP).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit