My Personal Proof That Elders Are Not Appointed by Holy Spirit

by TMS 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Quiet One
  • Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

Great confirmation that there is no Holy Spirit at work and very little that the GB ever does - in my time as an elder, I never saw a recommendation turned down one time.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I wish the publishers knew about things like this!!! the elders keep it hush hush! These stories would have made me think. I had Elder God syndrome BAD!!

FS

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Thanks for sharing. Your post was not dry. I found it very interesting on how this story turned out.

The WTS never admits to any errors.

• TMS
    TMS
    another old thread
  • suavojr
    suavojr
    Pretty good thread, thanks for bumping
  • atomant
    atomant
    Another stand out example which lm sure stumbles many jw and newbys and outsiders is the fact that many elders are grossly over weight (obese).The bible clearly talks about gluttony and the consequences.What sought of example is this setting l ask myself?
  • FindTheLost
    FindTheLost
    I always kept questioning how the Holy Spirit worked with the FDS. Especially doctrine that kept changing. Then I learned from Crisis of Conscious that "new light" was a 2/3 majority vote at the GB's weekly Wednesday meeting. If this is suppose to be YHWH's organization, why does He allow a 1/3 dissent of His "new light" which is suppose to be directly from Him through the Holy Spirit?
  • Clambake
    Clambake

I just thought the job went to the most narcissistic morally bankrupt uneducated weirdo by default.

• atomant
    atomant
    Lets get real here for a moment.How on earth does an obese elder get appointed by the holy spirit?Or how does an obese elder get to remain an elder?How can an obese elder give councel,talks,witness and disfellowship others when in fact the bible clearly says philippians 3:19-20 they are headed for destruction.Their god is there appetite. Overeating is a form of idolatry and lack of self control.Even a skinny person can be a glutton.My point is why have the faithful and discreet slave allowed this situation.lt is blantantly hypocritical dont you think? thoughts anyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit