And When I Die...

by Farkel 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Farkel
    Farkel

"there'll be one more child in this world to carry on...to carry on." - Blood Sweat And Tears. Amazing. I was pioneering when this legiondary rock band came on the scene and actually had a brass section and was a rock group! "Chicago" was another one, but BST was my favorite.

So when I die, when WE die, what happens? Of course, there is the very real possibility that when we die, everything about us dies. That being the case, we should not have any problem. After all, we had no problem of non existence before we were born, then why should we have any problem with non existence after we die?

But, what if we should somehow enter the "spirit" world when we die, then what? What would it be like? I don't know. We won't have a body. Without a body we cannot have sex. Bummer. We won't have ears. Does that mean we will miss out on Mozart and Beethoven and Chopin and Schumann and Bach forever and ever? We won't have noses. No more great smells from that Thanksgiving turkey dinner in the oven, or those buns cooking in the oven. No tongue. No more succulent tasting of prime rib, lobster, shrimp scampi, pesto pasta, hershey almond chocolates, See's candy, cookies, roasted nuts, or freshly made bread. No more feasting on avocados. AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHH! What torture! No eyes. No more feasting on great art, sculpture, frescos, architecture or scribbling of little children.

No hands or arms, or legs. We cannot hold stuff, pick up stuff, run, play volleyball, basketball, racquetball, baseball, football, table tennis, checkers, chess, backgammon, poker, pool or any other tactile sport/game. We cannot surf, swim, dive, run, play tag, play hide and go seek, climb mountains, smell fresh air on the mountains, view the flowers in the meadows in the springtime, ride horses, play and run with dogs, kick cats (heh, heh) or any other of the numerous things we take for granted in our three dimensional world.

Enjoy what you have NOW, folks. The afterlife may not be all that is worth sacrificing for.

Farkel

• BFD
    BFD

That was the exact song that came to mind when I read the title of your thread...

enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDWQ8w829tY

BFD

• Honesty
    Honesty

Or maybe...

we'll have bodies like Jesus has.

No physical barriers to hold us back.

• Gopher
    Gopher

This life is the one we're sure we have. Anything beyond that is mere speculation, to be honest. Some find it comforting to have certainty about what they think will happen next, and that's okay (for them).

In any event, embrace each day as it comes - until you die. Squeeze the juice out of life. Drink it in.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Farkel,

As I understood we were created just a little lower than the angels. So.....In the afterlife.....

We may be able to create music like the masters we admire,....maybe better.

We may be able to play them more perfectly than they ever intended on perfect instruments.

We may be able to taste and smell things better...that we love the most now.

Who knows how much we have to look forward to? Maybe nothing but maybe much more than we ever dreamed of.

All we can do is live our lives to the fullest now.

Take care.

r.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:A s I understood we were created just a little lower than the angels. So.....In the afterlife.....

So....... you are saying Angels have noses? Yes or no. If yes, I would be most interested in knowing how beings of pure spirit can smell stuff without something to smell stuff with. Of course, you are willing to make up anything you want about that.

Farkel

• knock knock
    knock knock

Perhaps when you exist as a spirit you will be able to actually BE part of that smelly old food, that Strad fiddle, truly FLY even through the northern lights. Think of this too, the ability to go mess with all these humans that think spirits exist...nevermind that one. How about making crop circles? That's got to be high on a spirits to do list right after opening doors when people aren't looking. So many other worldly options.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Farkel..Hey Bud!..I have sound!..I`m not a CaveMan any more!..LOL!!..Could you put up some of your Music?..Thanks...............Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Enjoy what you have NOW, folks. The afterlife may not be all that is worth sacrificing for.

And so thinks the unborn baby, enjoying the pleasurable security of its mother's womb. Feeling itself rocked to and fro in the delicious warm fluid. Peacefully happy in longstanding, familiar pleasures. Then, quite suddenly, and against its wishes, it is squeezed down and out to a seemingly cold and painful world. It cries at the horror!

But new, unknown pleasures await.....like wonderful scents, delicious flavors, beautful sights, running free, and making love.

So no, it would not be a good idea to damage the womb that bears me to a rebirth.

Burn

• watson
    watson

We'll "become like god," whatever that means.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit