Allow Me to Introduce Myself

by GoddessRachel 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey Rachel - just in case I've never welcomed you WELCOME!

Anytime is a good time for a new start, sometimes we just need to reevaluate our situation, do some adjusting and move on. Hang in there 2008 is as good a reason to start fresh as any!

nj

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Glad you got things all sorted out GR! Now you can start a new year with no worries!

Welcome again!

BB

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Well, thanks so much for embracing me so wholeheartedly!

• Serg
    Serg

Hi Rachel, it must be hard dealing with the mom trying to check in on you and get you "back on track". Is your whole family "spiritual" or only your mom? It sure helps when you have siblings to lean on, especially when they have also been "in" and realized the same things you have about the "truth". Distance also helps sometimes, when you are a great distance away from the family it may help in getting deprogrammed from a lifetime of JW-ism.

Best wishes.

Serg.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

It's always a challenge to decide to be who others expect or demand, or to be ourselves. Following the rules of "mother church" might give some a sense of satisfaction or safety, but declaring your own truth can be a spiritual awakening.

I think that's a good reason to break away - despite the pain.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

It's always a challenge to decide to be who others expect or demand, or to be ourselves. Following the rules of "mother church" might give some a sense of satisfaction or safety, but declaring your own truth can be a spiritual awakening.

I think that's a good reason to break away - despite the pain.

Well put, VoidEater. Some days it's like 'what am I fighting for again?' Next day it comes back to me. On my good days I'm the happiest I've ever been. On the not-so-good days, well, this too shall pass, right?

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Hi Rachel, it must be hard dealing with the mom trying to check in on you and get you "back on track". Is your whole family "spiritual" or only your mom? It sure helps when you have siblings to lean on, especially when they have also been "in" and realized the same things you have about the "truth". Distance also helps sometimes, when you are a great distance away from the family it may help in getting deprogrammed from a lifetime of JW-ism.

Best wishes.

Serg.

Thanks for the well wishes, Serg. Methinks this belongs on a different thread. I don't recall posting about my mother. Thanks, friend.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Welcome GR.

It's so sad - your real (not the cult personalities) family are missing out on a beautiful relationship with the real you. I'm sure if the blinkers are ever lifted they will have many regrets.

Look forward to hearing more of your story.

Sam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit