Allow Me to Introduce Myself

by GoddessRachel 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Hello.

My parents converted to Jehovah's Witnesses when they were pretty much newlyweds and raised their children as such. I was 100% in it until a series of events happened to me as a young adult that ultimately led to my deciding it's simply not worth it. I haven't had a relationship that could pass for normal with my JW family ever since. This has been so painfully difficult, but I've stuck it out. Sometimes I can't remember why exactly I'm insisting on not being a Jehovah's Witness, since that's all I'd have to do to be in my parents' good graces.

Then I read here and I remember the reasons why I don't ever want to be a part of it again, and the reasons why it's worth it to stand up for who I am.

Truth be told I am another poster on this board but my family knows that alias and I haven't been able to freely express myself. Please forgive me for creating another account so that I can use this forum in a manner that is helpful to me.

Anyway, thanks for your time. I am glad to be here. May we all heal together.

Peace,

Rachel

• free2think
    free2think

Thank you for sharing your story GoddessRachel.

I'm sorry things are so difficult for you and that you can't use your other alias.

Happy New Year.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Welcome - again. You are a goddess and will remain one on this board.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Rachel..PM,Simon or Angharad and let them know your situation..You can`t have more than one account here..They will be able to help you out..And..Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

But Outlaw, if they delete my other account, especially one that was used quite frequently, it will become obvious who I am. You may think I'm just being paranoid, but my family is pretty vigilant in following me. They read on here for quite a while to figure out who I was. They discovered the account because I stupidly checked it one time at my parents' house and didn't clear the history. They checked my history after I left and discovered this website.

I told on myself here on this thread so that I wasn't hiding anything. I'll PM them but I hope they don't delete my other account as that will alert my family.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Rachel..It would be a shame if both your accounts were closed,because of multiple accounts.....Simon and Angharad are good people..Talk to them,I`m sure something can be worked out without breaking forum rules.................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

I'll PM them, thanks Outlaw.

Rachel

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Welcome Rachel...

and Outlaw is right. Maybe though you can just stop using your original account. I know of at least one poster that did this. They had one account....then started a new one...with only a post or two overlapping before they abandoned the first. (I think Outlaw knows who I am talking about). Neither account was deleted. That poster is still quite active under their new account name. Sometimes the screen name we chose at first no longer fits our circumstances. Or sometimes it is a situation you find yourself in. We say too much to be anonymous and need to start over.

Just use the new one from now on...you should be fine. The mods are reasonable about situations like this. There are reasons for the no multiple account rule. This situation seems to warrant your change. ...IMO...as I am not a mod....... but definitely contact them.....

Snakes ()

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

I'm not using the other one anymore. Thanks, Snakes. And I did send Simon a PM.

Rachel

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

nice new name and lovely avatar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit