How do people continue to buy into the Watchtower???

by integ 34 Replies latest jw friends

• freydi
    freydi

Are there any other religions that have any clue as to chronology?

• M.J.
    M.J.

Nope, not a single religion I know of has a clue about chronology.

but I've known plenty of INDIVIDUALS affiliated with different religions that knew a ton about chronology.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

P.T. Barnum said there is a sucker born every minute. We already spent our time being suckers. Now its someone elses turn.

All religion is the greatest con game known to man.

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

I honestly think it is because the JW's do have some fine doctrines that are more scripturally accurate than 99% of the rest of Christianity. The trinity, hell, immortal soul, etc is all bollox...false dogmas...and the JW's I still believe are right to reject these dogmas. So those that still 'buy into it' are sucked in by the fact that the Society does actually hold really trump cards doctrinally. Not everything they teach is rubbish...to the contrary, a lot of what they teach is very defendable scripturally compared to what the other churches are teaching.

It's just a pity there is so much doctrinal pooh mixed in with the good as well, such as all their ridiculous 1914 chronology and related prophetic interpretations, their idolization of the WBTS and distortion of the FDS concept, the authoritarianism, and most worringly their disgraceful policies relating to shunning, blood and child abuse. But if you took all that pooh away it would actually be a pretty cool religion I reckon.

Most who still buy into it or still believe it wholesale are usually just ignorant, wilfully or not, of the true facts about these pooh things.

• bobld
    bobld

They suck people in under false pretense.It's a scam and a fraud.Look how many people get sucked in by scam artists.You know people who go door to door selling house repairs,insurance,MLM,etc,etc.Than you hear hoar stories of how much money they lost.You hear the T.V.evanigelical types that took old granny to the cleaners and I don't mean to get cleaned physical but cleaned financially.With all the info out there on radio,T.V.,internet,police warnings against these CON ARTISTS people get swingled.Why are the CON ARTISTS still in business,because they can scam these people.They are a FRAUD,FRAUD,FRAUD.they do not care about the hardship they put on old people,take all their life saving.They(wbts) have no conscience no sir.SO you see people get sucked into things.

The difference between CON ARTISTS and WBTS ZERO NONE they are greedy money hungry scum.Well maybe one tiny difference the WBTS has patience.Like Blondie said they will look for an opportunity.They will suck in the wife first.Than the husband gets suck in by the wife.When the husband finds out it's all bullshit it's to late.When the shit hits the fan.which the wbts want,because a split family means more control and eventually walla money,MONEY ,MONEY,MONEY.estate,wills,property in wifes names willed to wbts.

I believe the government should treat the door to door work of Jehovah's Witnesses the same as those fraud scam artists who rip off people by their sneak ways.Both are scam scums.I hope my heavy handed words don't get me in trouble.

PS:I am sorry for the long post.My point is people get sucked into things and the wbts has a very good track record.It's so sad when you hear an elderly lady lose everthing to a scum con.It's so sad when you hear a family split to a wbts scum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit