Whenever you buy something new, do you take an extended warranty?

by JH 21 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

What's your opinion on this?

I agree with you, JH.

• ferret
    ferret

Never ...not a good investment

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I bought one for my grandson's Wii...you never know!

Little rascal...

Snoozy

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

They are a money making scam for the most part. The one time I actually asked for an extended warranty was for a DDR pad, and they told me they didn't offer them for DDR pads.

Oh I did get an extended warranty on my VW.

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Nah I never have after learning that the odds are so rare you'll ever need to use it. It's a bit of a scam just to make more money from you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If your purchase lasts for the original warranty..It most likely,will last longer......No extended Warranty`s for me...A definite cash grab!..Save your money!!.................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

the only time I get an extended warranty is on cars - just because over the years they've paid out more for repairs than I have for the premium.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

No, we don't by the warranties. We've found they are not worth the paper they are written on. Companies push the sell of them because that is all pure profit for them. Even on our pricier electronics and appliances, we'll take the risk of ending up buying a new one. Like another poster mentioned, if you are worried about a warranty, it's probably not worth you purchasing in the first place!

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

hortensia is correct. if your buying a used car out of warranty, or close to it, get the warranty. just make sure you read all the fine print to be sure of what your buying.

• ronin1
    ronin1

No.

Many products have a warranty included for 1 to 5 years so an extended is not needed.

Ronin1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit