Were You Ever Snubbed In The Hall & Didn't Know Why???

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Regretful_J
    Regretful_J

Yeah I was snubbed alot too. People just found me weird and they all hanged out with my brother, which i dunno was their decision i guess. It was for those things that I gained the courage to question their teachings and in a way it made me a better person. Being traped in a cult can mess you up mentally and because i was never really accepted to begin with, it wasn't hard for me to turn to different people for help. The challenge for me though is getting past my parents that are just plain nuts as far as im concerned and they can't face reality.

When I leave the state im in I plan to finally start a new life. While its scary and who knows I may die in the process; It will be worth it because I never had much here and its better to take a risk than constantly live your life in misery. Thats my story somewhat and I will try to add more later. Take care

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((RegretfulJ)))))))

Hang in there.

Sylvia

• LaniB
    LaniB

Yes, the worst time was when I was sharing a flat with an Elder's daughter. I had been sick and my meeting attendance for the had gone down hill. When I got back to the hall I noticed I was being treated differently. I finally asked a MS who wife was a friend. He said he didn't know why but there were things being said against me but wouldn't say who. I finally found out it was the girl I was sharing an apartment with. She was telling people I wasn't ill I just didnt want to come. At the time I was just having trouble getting to work and back. I'd come in at the end of the day and go straight to bed and sleep for 12-14 hours a night.

I was also a convenient scapegoat. Whenever she did something that people disapproved of she'd blame me. Watched a movie/tv show some one disapproved of, oh no it wasn't her idea it was mine. Got seen somewhere she shouldn't be, oh she was just picking me up as a favour (how she could pick me up when I was home in bed.....) etc etc.

When I found out I went and got the jug of ice water from the fridge and upended it over the top of the shower when she was having a shower. The really weird thing was that she never said a thing about the ice cold drenching...... but she did steal my furniture later.

• minimus
    minimus

Lani, I'm shocked she didn't accuse you of trying to see her naked to have hot sex (or cold) with her.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Once but I knew why - the PO from sister congo was pissed of that I had discussed the contents of a non-recommendation letter he sent with the brother concerned who had moved into our congo. The PO of the sister congo had not taken the trouble to explain why they were not going to recommend desite the fact there was a letter on file from the Society asking elders to do exactly that. So I told the brother and this pissed of the PO in the other cong and when we came in for the afternoon meeting he just completely ignored and snubbed me - stupid bastard

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

They were a prissy clicky bunch, no? I was sortof a smart nerdy weird kid, plus quiet and shy, so the "cool" kids-read here the bad elder's kids would have nothing to do with me. And that didn't bother me too much as I didn't like them anyway, knew they were untrustworthy.

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Yeah some of the eligible sisters in my congo kinda snubbed me in a new congo cuz I was missing meetings and there had been gossip about me being reproved and disfellowshipped (separate occasions) for fornication a few years earlier. Bitches lol.

• minimus
    minimus

"Bitches" is correct.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It was the sisters at the a$$emblies--all of them. The most probable reason is that the lead hounder used the hounder-hounder to make sure the message would get to all the congregations in the circuit, and the hounder-hounder-hounder to spread it through the whole district. I only wish that hounder would have been single, with no prospects or have his marriage fall apart with no explanation the instant he did that.

Boy, do I hope Santa Claus left those hounders, hounder-hounders, and hounder-hounder-hounders nothing but coal in their stockings. Hopefully Santa forced stockings (full of coal) in their places--and a Christmas tree that would weigh a ton for difficulty in removing later. And, hopefully, they get in even bigger trouble.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

Reading another post reminded me of how I was accused of being DF'ed and moving the country to not be shunned. Apparently that was the word being put out by one fine sister in my new congregation when I first moved here......I actually did clear that up..Confronted all those gossipy older sisters in the hall and of course they all blamed each other but no one took responsability for anything....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit