The WTS deprogramming

by greendawn 10 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

Does anyone have any interesting and helpful details regarding what this deprogramming involves? We always here one should deprogram but what exactly does it involve what could be some useful tips to facilitate this process?

I was reading recently in the psychological studies of Jung about the concept of the shadow the part of our mind that contains all the repressed and rejected material, some of it was rightly repressed (eg the desire to steal from, or otherwise harm innocent people) and some not. In the JW mind there is an unhealthy amount of such repressed content due to the large number of induced prohibitions/repressions something that makes the shadow part unduly large. There are so many "thou shalt nots" in the insidious cult, prohibitions are everywhere much unlike what we find in a normal society.

According to Jung an overly big shadow ties down too much energy and turns someone into an energy starved, maladjusted, ravaged and lonely creature. The challenge is to release these energies and apply them to a healthy and profitable adaptation to life, to unrepress those numerous elements in the JW trained mind that are not bad, contrary to what the FDS claim.

Any suggestions?

• snowbird
    snowbird

I found/find it helpful to read the Gospels and really get into the mind and spirit of Jesus, so to speak. I came to the conclusion that the only thing He asks of us is to love each other.

What a sharp contrast to the Society's rules and regulations! Instead of hovering over his disciples, nitpicking and faultfinding, we find Jesus interacting with them on a deeply personal level. You can actually feel the love they shared.

I used to be so uptight and judgmental about everything. Now, I feel such freedom in letting go of all the negativity I acquired while with the JW's. As Solomon so wisely observed, the sun also rises whether we are here to see it or not. There is no need to get all bent out of shape because of the way things are. Let's just love one another as the Master commanded.

Sylvia

• journey-on
    journey-on

There are proven psychological METHODS to deprogram a brainwashed individual. For a JW leaving the cult and doing the deprogramming

on one's own, it can take years, or it can happen overnight. And, it's an individual journey, imo. What works for one may not work for another.

One of the things that finally eased my anxiety about the "what ifs" was the realization that even if this b*llsh*t is true, I didn't want to live for eternity

with this kind of mentality and these kinds of people and I certainly didn't want to waste my entire life spending untold hours going door-to-door,

attending boring meeting after meeting, using vacation time for assemblies and conventions, hanging out with people that never "wonder" or "speculate"

or question anything, and foregoing opportunities to experience my Life MY way and develop a spirituality that enlightens rather than constricts. I had the

added relief in knowing that if this crap IS true, at least there's no eternal torment in a burning hellfire to worry about. I'd rather be dead than live the life of a JW for eternity.

After I began to live without fear, I was able to read, research, study anything I chose to. I returned to college, got into Yoga, engaged my children in whatever extracurricular

activities they wanted to get involved in, and really began to LIVE LIFE. That's how I began to deprogram. Now I KNOW it's all bs and business and I never get the "what ifs" anymore.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

One of the things that finally eased my anxiety about the "what ifs" was the realization that even if this b*llsh*t is true, I didn't want to live for eternity

Amen! My thinking is very similar. If the jw do have the truth and God's solution really is to destroy 99% of the population then please let me know what things annoy him the most so I can piss him off daily.

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Wow, whatever you've been reading sounds fascinating Greendawn. I would really be interested to read it too. Jungian was a strange one alright but he had some great insights & theories. Could you tell me where I can find read what you've been reading or send me a pm.

I think the trick to deprogramming is to adopt and reinforce a healthy new belief system. I found a lot of relief from becoming convinced that if Jehovah is a God of love, then there is no way he will destroy for all eternity most of humankind at some horrible, holocaustic Armageddon slaughter and if that is what Jehovah is going to do then I simply don't want anything to do with worshipping such a God or associating with people who imagine that is who God is. I also found great relief in becoming convinced that JW's can be rejected simply by virtue of their rotten fruitage alone...all the child abuse scandals, blood policy sacrificial deaths, cruel shunning, etc. I was set free by the epiphany that this is not an organisation based on love but fear, and therefore a God of love would not be behind such an organisation.

Being mentally and paradigmally changed by those epiphanies then set me free to feel like a normal human being again and start loving and adjusting to normal life again...just as a member of the human family, not as a brainwashed, fearful Watchtowerite.

• Gringa
    Gringa

I know that this is a serious topic but I will honestly tell you what helped my cousin get out with me - marijuana. It kinda opened our eyes. But, first you have to sneak it into their tea! LOL

• greendawn
    greendawn

Must obey, I have found a couple of links that deal with the Jungian shadow concept:

http://www.lessonsforliving.com/shadow.htm

http://md.essortment.com/personalitypsyc_rnck.htm

You can also find many more by googling Jung + shadow, or to refine it more you can add to these keywords like: assimilation, integration.

Surely God doesn't act in the impatient way the JWs claim he does, they say that just to daze and confuse people mentally with a very negative and destructive authority symbol so as o then be better able to manipulate them by destroying the natural inner balance. That of course to those that take into their heart such insidious poisons. That's also why they go round in circles regarding the resurrection of all the burned people of Sodom. If they will be resurrected then God is not as harsh as they claim and this takes away much of the sting of armageddon where supposedly even innocent children will be for ever destroyed. Yet the then adult people of Sodom will be given a second chance!

Snowbird the JWs are not a christian religion so as to have a Christian spirit, their founder was intimately connected with occultic free masonry and judaism so what else can we expect? His grave is in a cemetary adjacent to a large masonic temple with a substantial stone pyramid near it bearing well known masonic symbols. It's not surprising that we find strong judaising influences in this organisation including the perception of God as a Lord rather than a Father, that adoption by the Spirit as Sons of God through Christ is unheard of among the dubs.

Journey on, you freed quite a bit of energy for developing a normal life by doing away with all the silly restrictions imposed by the self serving dub organisation.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Read everything you can get your hands on about religions...NOT JUST THE BIBLE!!!

Look into the history of religion and humanity...lot's in information there about how we got to where we are now.

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Much thanks Greendawn. I always enjoy your posts.

• tula
    tula
    I'd rather be dead than live the life of a JW for eternity.

I think there HAS to be some sort of a CONFRONTATION with reality. Maybe something that JOLTS those repressed memories.

Question is: How can you push the buttons to find that trigger point? How can you help someone to come to that confrontation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit