Soup Recipes Needed

by skeeter1 22 Replies latest social family

• XJwFree2BMeWJC
    XJwFree2BMeWJC

This is a family favorite.

Peruvian Sopa Verde De Carnero

32 ounces organic vegetable broth

1-2 pounds lamb, shanks, neck, whatever you like will do. I usually get a a mix of shanks and neck bones

1 bottle dark beer

1 large sweet onion diced

1-2 bunches cilantro, twist off the stems

2 large cloves garlic pressed

1 large yam shreddded in grater

1 yucca root if available, peel take out center root and cube or 1 large potato peeled and cubed

1 dried California chili, or 1 heaping teaspoon Chipotle flakes

2 carrots shredded

1 stalk diced celery

1 cup frozen peas

Sea salt

pepper

2 tbsp Olive oil

Heat a large fry pan over medium heat with 2 tablespoons oil. Add the meat and brown. Add half of onion, half of garlic, sprinkle with salt and pepper. When nicely browned add to large soup pot over medium heat. Rinse cilantro and blend in blender with 1 cup of the broth. Blend till liquified, add to soup pot, fry for a few minutes. Now add rest of broth, carrots, yam and celery, bring up to light boil, reduce heat and cover for 1 hour. Should be simmering well but not boiling. Add everything else except the beer. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the cubed veggies are done. Remove from heat, add beer, uncover and let sit for 10 minutes. My family loves it! It is quite savory.

• sarahle102@yahoo.com
    [email protected]

I just got my this book - Books of Soups: More than 100 recipes for perfect soaps. it's really fantastic, and it includes everything I want.

• moshe
    moshe

I'm in the mood for a hot bowl of my Oyster stew.

Saute a 10-12oz container of oysters in a stick of butter with chopped leeks, salt and pepper. When the oyster begin to curl, add whole milk - at least one quart. Add a small pinch of New Orleans gumbo seasoning. Then simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes. Serve up with a garnish on top of some finely chopped bacon. Of course, you have to love oysters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit