So I did the unthinkable

by veen 15 Replies latest jw friends

• veen
    veen

Yeah, I've only one brother in law. The funny thing is he was one of the quiet ones, I don't think he believes really and he says this type of thing just to mess people about.

Some other gems which came out were "Annie Lennox asks all witnesses to leave her concerts because they prevent her receiving the energy she needs from the demons." Which is strange, because I listened to her live in concert last week and there was no mention of such things. I didn't think she was so amazing that some supernatural force was at work, in fact in my years as a sound engineer I've heard local singers who exhibit a greater talent than her.

And another beaut was "They (meaning scientists) have said the Earth will be uninhabitable in 20 years time due to global warming." Funny that. I read New Scientist all the time and always read newspaper articles concerning the issue, including the recent coverage of the summit in Bali, and never once have I heard such a view presented by anyone.

Shame everyone left so quickly, if they took the time surely they could talk me round.

Just for Thomas Cov, Tim H was the most quiet, Nicky said she couldn't care less about the people she calls on in the ministry and it wouldn't bother her if everyone died, she only does it because she 'loves' Jehovah. Ahem. Kelly walked out crying "Why can't you just let us believe it." Oh dear.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Isn't it interesting how many ways you can spell pedophaelia. I would like to have heard that at your meeting.

• eclipse
    eclipse
    Kelly walked out crying "Why can't you just let us believe it."

Oh brother....that should tell her something right there!

• oompa
    oompa

u could be` toast or a`triscuit with a drop of honey on it .....could be worth it....oompa

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Nicky said she couldn't care less about the people she calls on in the ministry and it wouldn't bother her if everyone died, she only does it because she 'loves' Jehovah.

I have heard a lot fo JW's say the same thing.

What love they have for human beings.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

In Australia, STD also stands for Subscriber Trunk Dialling - long-distance phone calls. Who invented calling your mum? Was that Jehovah or Satan? Not Alexander Bell then?

In time you'll meet people whose intellect you can respect, and you won't care about losing the nuffnuffs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit